Sunday, April 27, 2008

THe Weekend in Jesus, and in Punta Jondal

What a nice weekend I have had.It was peaceful and eventful, met new friends, went across the island, and met more new friends. It began Sat in the morning, I made my self my normal breakfast in the pretty new place with out furniture still. I decided to go to the beach, hang out and see people at the Talamanca. I can say it was an interesting weekend, I walked from the Jesus, the way I have been. I want to try to find a short cut one of these days.


When I got to the beach it was pretty full,I can people are now starting to some to the Island.


I went in side checked the internet, talk to the people who work there that are now becoming my friends. Said all my hellos, then went out and laid on the pure white sand that surrounds the Talamance Hostal. The water is so clean and clear, but its super cold.



Later I regressed to a table out on the edges of the Hostal were locals hang out. I saw Simon, and three other of my friends, Two gals one from Portugal, and her boyfriend, and my friend Makala from Holland.

We all talked Makala ate and then offered me a ride to the apartment. We both sat and talked outside for the longest time. She speaks perfect english and wants to learn Spanish. She is very dark skinned, tall attractive, dark hair, and has a really cute little white fluffy dog, Billie.

We waited for the phone call I was suppose to get, but it never rang, so I fixed us a nice dinner of chicken in garlic and shallots, with turnups and red wine. We talked some more and then she suggested that Sunday we go to the Flea market, and then to this fabulous beach in Cala Jongal and area just south of Ibiza.



I got up early the next day and got ready for our day out, took all my things for the beach and waited for her to come.

She was two hours later than planned but I was fine talking with the owners grandmother and playing with the baby. We had Spanish coffee, and toast and chatted outside.

We did go the flea market but it was closed, so off we went to a place called Blue Marlin and Yemanja www.yemanjaibiza.com/yemanja.html www.bluemarlinibiza.com - Cached Check out these two places, this is where we went. It was incredibly clean, pristeen area, with pine trees, and first class everything. I was in a dream for more than half the day. Sitting in the sun at Yemanja in one of the sun beds, watching tons of people come and eat and drink and sun them selves on this exclusive area.
I felt so privileged to be able to enjoy the scenery, the sun the bed, the people. Makala knew a few people so she flitted about and talked and drank and ate with others, while I sun baithed and drank bottle water.

Later she invited me to one of the tables of three German guys she knew, I was embarrassed, I don't know one word in German, and she speaks it fluently. So I sat and listened and smiled thinking wow this is the coolest place. I was thrilled to be somewhere so differernt. It is amazing that I was capable of doing this, how long I have no idea but I can this I enjoyed every moment of yesterday.
I was thinking I wish my stupid camera was working because the photos would have been super!
At that moment, the guys invited us to this Sangria, with Cava, its like champagne. Filled with Fruit a bright orange color, is has to be the most refreshing delcious drink in the sun.
I drank about three glasses and felt very tipsy! The music at these places are so calming and good. They call it chill out music, a mix of jazz, trans, and house. Using mixes of all these in combinations. The sounds of the sea, with that was fantastic.
I felt as if I was in a dream...

We then were invited to go to another beach to watch the Sunset, and listen to drummers drumming, a hypnotic thing they do here. The Island diffinately has its own feeling.

Before we left one of the men Leo asked me for lunch for today, Monday. I said sure why not?

He is a nice looking man dark hair thin, speaks little Spanish, good English and very fast German.

Today I woke up early again to banging there constructing a new apartment next door. So at Eight oclock I woke up made my espresso with the steamed milk, and enjoyed my morning.
I washed clothes up stairs and hung them out on the line to dry, then Makala came by again but I was busy with laundry, she left to do business. I cleaned up the apartment, tried to make a flyer but some how the computer is now traslating in Spanish which is good but it won't print English so I struggled with changing the idioma. Untill the phone rang and it was Leo.
I got ready he picked me up and we again went to yet another beach placed called the Malibu the absolute best beach in all the Island. The restuarant was perfectly devine, the food presentation was perfect, the sangria delicious.. the fish perfectly cooked with bits of garlic, and the salad was picant and pretty with fresh pansys. We had avocado with this tomato crush they make here. some fried goat cheese with salad on the side and a tomato jelly with crispy toasts.
Fresh rustic breads, and the ham of Spain, then some scrambled egg they do with bits of lobster, and chives. All served so nicely, in a good size portion. I sure was studing it so I could recreate it.

I think the best was the cheese with the tomato jelly.That was scruptious!
The day was cloudly but it didn't matter, we shared the table with his two other German friends who were very fun, even though I could only understand a few words here and there. I knew they were enjoying them selves! and I was too smiling from ear to ear thinking Thank you... for inviting me to this great location, good company and terrific food! Wow what a day... then we came back to see his little house he bought in Ibiza an chatted for a while, untill I asked him to take me home because it was about to rain and the laundry was on the roof. I needed to go the store to buy a few things too. He told me maybe he would talk to a couple of friend see if he could help me get some work. Since nothing on the two offers have come through.. So lets see now what happens. It was a nice day... wow I am in Spain, but I am missing the weather in Costa Rica uk.holidaysguide.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-45598-malibu_ibiza-i - Cached