Friday, April 25, 2008

The new Apartamento

I have spent two days now in the new Apartamento.. esto es muy tranquillo.. this is very quiet, nice! I love the owners, she is so accomedating, the grandmother is adorable, and Eian the little one is a doll. It makes me miss Julian. The two nights I slept fairly well, the bed is new and super hard. I like a softer bed. It has one large pillow across the whole queen bed. Here in Europe they have this enormous pillows, such a difference from Costa Rica. Where you sleep on pillows like rocks and tiny.
I love them!!! Iwant more!! I sat out in the sun two days and ate on the pine table, it is very pleasureable and quiet.
I took a walk and found just about everything in this tiny little pueblo. Flower shop, hardware, designs stores, furniture stores a small shoe store. Two butcher shops, Italian wine tasting room and several Restaurants- bars.. book stores, video store, Real estate.. grocery stores, fruit marekt and a Euro store.. where everything is one Euro or a little more... like a dollar store. I bought hangers, and cups and little things yesterday for the place.

Still I have no furnishings inside, the owner keeps telling me there coming.. I am sure they are but when??? Maybe she doesn´t have the money... I think this might be the problem, but I am being patient and sweet.. and trying to enjoy the empty space. Of Course the designer in me is putting all sorts of things in side.. but Money has to come before I do that! I found out I have to have papers for work. So last night I got on line at this coffee shop called San Franciscos on the corner from my place and looked of the process and rules. I will have to apply.
I ate in the coffee shop last night whilst tons of Spanards played cards.. smoking drinking yelling! they are such happy people. The language is strange to hear.. but it is very fun. You can tell its not only a means of communication but a total way of there life by the way they speak. Some sing song, some loud, some hand expresssions, some deep and lots of sssssssssssssssses. I had chicken pieces, like wings but all cut up, in wine and peas, and olive oil and spices, with a bit of cheese, and glass of Sangria.

Today I cooked breakfast and made the best coffee! I have a espresso machine, everyone drinks espresso, hard or cut. I made the steamed milk and now I feel spoiled by this.. I had one egg, tomato some melon and half of a madrin orange. Listening to latin music while enjoying my breakfast in the new place.
I got all ready walked to the book store to see if I could buy paper to paint post cards, but they didn´t have much at all. So I began walking towards Talamanca and now I am here 40 minutes later. I talked to everyone here and I am going to Pacha to see if I can get that interview, then to town to buy some shoes. I gave most all mine away, and I need clothes I have very little... I gave it all to the churches and to my friends.
The day is Fabulous its not blazin hot like Costa, and I believe I am going to love whatever time I have here in ESPAÑA I can not believe I am living in Spain! its very different. I can say so far the people are loving, kind, friendly.. and very generous.

I do miss the children, I heard from Nancy, Jordans partner.. seems to be some problems concerning Jordan. I prayed this morning that GOD would open his eyes, and make he see... what he needs to change. I am a little worried, I know that me being away has some play in this problem.. But he is a man he will figure out sooner or later and if he doesn´t life will do what it does.