Saturday, April 19, 2008

A wedding at the Hostal Talamanca

Yesterday I noticed bib boxes coming into the Hostal, I quickly ran got my photos and talked to the owner about helping. She looked liked the pictures and said maybe but Maybe no? I was so excited that maybe I could help, because I am about bored doing nothing and this would give me something to put my mind too.
Later I tried talking to her but it didn´t seem to matter, she wasn´t interested in my help. I looked at some of the work... it was ok, good concepts. I can see if i decided to do my design work here, I will do very well. I looked today in the yellow pages to see how many people here do this work. Only three were listed. Meaning I am sure there is more than enough work here to keep all of us busy. Should I decide to go back to this.

I spent the day pretty much here, when I saw this polish girl Marvessa, she offered me a ride to repair the phone problem. In asking the people at the gas station about this problem, they simply said return on Monday now! of course!! now it feels like Costa Rica.. keep going back, waisting time. And then finally a resolution ! MAYBE!! I am familiar with this. We left and she wanted to go to a place on the Marina called Sydneys. Nice restaurant and bar. I said why not were not doing anything. We sat down and I saw two people two German men from the Hostal. They waved and invited us to sit with them.
We did and they bought a bottle of champagne. We all talked, spoke english and laughed... the Champagne was expensive, I noticed that one guy had all Armani clothes and shoes.. he had a bag from prada.

Ok I was trying to be cool, and hopefully charming. I had simple jeans and a tank top that was given to me and my little sweater. She had some kind of designer jeans and jacket. This doesn´t mean much to me honestly I have never been one to worry about the tag on my clothes. But here it is definitely evident that it matters.

We spent a two hours with them went down town and walked around. But I couldn´t find what i wanted to pick up. I then saw one of the gals that works at the Hostal, I told them I was going to walk back with here, so Vanessa and I walked about two miles to the Hostal.

It was about 5:00 the sun goes down here around 9:30 pretty late and people eat so late. The place was packed last night, because today is the wedding! I am happy to see this and maybe in the future she will want me to help her with events.

I sure hope on Tuesday I have my place. I been meeting people daily, Its very different for sure.
Today it is beautiful out, sunny warm, and ya know the water here in the Med, just sparkles so much. Eating breakfast next to the sea is a pleasure..wow this is something I will always remember, and for sure use some how in other ways. Soon I will be eating in an old fashion garden. They have a nice terrace with a beautiful canopy, a fountain and a few fruit trees. My plan is as always to have huge pots of plants out front,plant flowers in the areas I can see.. and make it really inviting. The older woman I am sure will be happy to have company in assisting her with the garden.