Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Leaning towards leaving Jaco

It is not exactly Clear yet, but I have beem thinking about leaving Jaco. The other night Roberto, the Landlord told me he was moving in a month, leaving this place for a mountain town. He bought some property in an area near the volcano that is active and many tourists are going there so he has a new piece of life. Also means I have no idea to what is happening to me here? The rent is so high... I can hardly bear it.. And yesterday they cut off the cable. I bought a year contract last December paid in advance, they told me they would give me free three months and its not up yet but they cut it. I was so mad, I had no internet or Tele!!! BORING



My Friend in Puerto Jimenez is begging for me to go there. The only issue I have is, I am a pretty girl. I always dress nice no matter where I am, with matching shoe's or accessories. I wear makeup every day. I have since I was sixteen years old. ( not when I am at home or relaxing but when I go out of the house I am usually fixed up) Here In Jaco its fine everyone dresses cute. Pretty earings, shoes they are beautiful women here So my style is not something that stands out but there it is slightly remote.
It is lovely, natural, Jungle. AN INCREDIBLE resort, and there is a sports fishing resort where men and women come from all over the world to fish. I would love a change, Jaco is so party, so many weird things. And now so many Americans making it a little America. Not a bad thing but it is losing its savor as a latin community. It is becoming seedy.

They offered to pay for my transportation, food and room for the interview. I have my resume with another resort but they said they only hire Ticos. Maybe something in Manuel Antonio they offered.

I came up with another little easy idea, I made up tiny hand held flyers with a photo I took of a sunset at Villa Colleta's it is Free information on tours. I know all the people, I called all the different tours and asked how much commission I would get if I book things for them. So that is a little side job I am trying this week. I can sit at Rosies,hand out those to people who come and if they want information they can asked me right there. Or They can call. I guess I will see how this works.

Also this coming week, that huge concert is coming on Friday. Friday the First is my birthday I have nothing planned nothing really to do special YET ANYWAY! I wanted badly months ago to return to San Andres and spend my birthday there like I did last year! wow that was incredible..But hell I can't even buy tolliet paper this year! HA! Godddddd

But I do have a little plan for that concert.

I am going to try to bake small things lots of them starting on Monday and putting them a freezer to sell in the front with Helens hot dogs. I have to come up with something simple cheap and good. Its mostly Ticos and latins who will be attending so it needs to be inexpensive.

Today Two guys are coming to look at the car and give me a price to purchase it. One guy here in town looked at it yesterday and said he was interested. He went on Vacation today I walked there first thing... and WOW OH WOW IS IT FREAKING HOT TODAY!! god I about melted carring the computer, and my purse. HE returns on Tuesday , hopefully have answers this weekend on the car and get it TAKEN CARE OF!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE I am getting so impaitient on this!

I MET with one man who is had said he would help me. Felix is his name. He is starting a turn key operation and asked me if I wanted to be a part of the team. It doing what I do already. And he also shared with me information on a company Who needs a designer.

At least it is giving me some sort of hope here. But I am continuing on my quest to check out Puerto Jimenez. It may be a good time for a short while.


I mean there are certain things I like about Jaco, and I will miss some of the advantages now that we have. Convienieces, So this will be a little primative. I have looked into two places now, The Crocodile Bay Hotel and Now Lapa Rios Resort

No comments: