Monday, May 01, 2006

The Menu

Yesterday was a very nice day, but I did allot of work on the dinner that served 11 people.

Ken had decided to have a small party with me doing all the cooking, Italian style, at his house . Marcia invited four of her dominican republic Girl friends, I invited Rosie and this American man, Helen and Betty.

I baked an Apple tart/ pie with puff pastry it was so pretty. Left my house around 1:00 to pick up Helen and Betty but they were not home. Being a bit disapointed that I drove over to get them and didn't find them, I got gas and headed for Kens.

I got out in Monterey, and it was Cloudy looked like rain. But still very hot humid weather. The drive to his house is a very beautiful one. So I didn't mind the clouds at all.

When arriving all of Marcias friends were already drinking and partying it up. It was 2:00 in the afternoon. I walked in and put the pie down, and imediately began cooking the dinner, I made Chicken parmesian, milingiani, ( eggplant) and tiny little potatoes with parsley and olive oil, and a huge salad with red onions, red peppers, avocados lots.... lettuce and parsley, Garlic bread.
It took a while since I had so much to prepare for.

But in a hour and half dinner was on.
Everyone was parting I had a glass of wine while I cooked , all the people were dancing to the good music ken had put together.. Then we ate, all the people toasted me said the food was awesome! I was happy to make everyone feel good. Then it got crazy, everyone was laughing and drinking wine and talking nuts... then dancing began... lets put it this way, a few people got wild and some even took there clothes off.

NOT ME I WAS DYING LAUGHING at first, then it was like E entertainment Televison!

The dancing the laughing the actions wow.... I mostly sat and watched and laughed. I tried to dance a little but the pain was too much, the best was watching!

I then took Helen and Betty home, they ended up showing up with Rosie and this American guy. So we drove back to Jaco and came to my house for a few so I could freshing up, I sweated so much from the heat of the oven the stove and the generally moving fast, plus the humidty with the rain was intense.

We talked here for an hour then I took them home. Helen and Betty danced for me at there house I just watched. The leg was in allot of pain, She massaged me and made it feel better and put some sort of stuff I don't what it was it was hot... but it felt better this morning when I got up.

Today I go to look at property in Hermosa, on a hill to see if I want to buy it. I hope its good and has the legal rights, so I can buy.
If not something else will happen. I had a man who reads these blogs, send me photos of a beautiful place past Puteranas with allot of acreage a farm flat with a house for 159 thousand. But Its too far for me, I told him I would help him sell it so if anyone is interested email me.

No comments: