Monday, January 23, 2006

Wow has this been a very interesting past week with Zaida visiting, to
dancing at Monkey's with Rosie the owner of Cafe Del Mar till 4 am! to Seeing this incredible place in Herradura called Via Colettas.

Via Colettas sits on the top of mountain overlooking the sea, with the most fabulous set up ever. With three dinning areas, an infininty pool, an awesome amphtheater, bar and spa and rooms. The gardens are beautiful, the interior on the main dinning room is perfect

I will be doing my first Wedding at this place in Feb! I was so down that day feeling like nothing was working, nothing was left for me as though I called my life quit's in the states and now I had no real purpose but to hang out and be here, although its a great and really beautiful country, I want to do something more untill I die. That day after I had my down moment I got all dressed cute in a pair of Capris that did not fit me when I was in the states, and now fit me! I put on a smile and rode down the road on this beater borrowed bike that my friend from Columbia lent me.
AS I rode past this one Construction site near my apartment, where they are building these beautiful Condos I rode very fast because I saw the workers sitting all on the ground under the tree resting after there lunch. Prior to this day when ever I would ride past the site a couple of guys would wolf whistle at me all the time. But today I knew I was going to get more than a couple. Well they all whopped and hollered and yelled and whistle.. THen I turned my head because I was embarrassed, they hollered more. I kept turning my head and waved to stop! then they yelled more and one guy sounded the fire alarm, I suppose to suggest I WAS HOT THAT DAY! I never ever got a five alarm fire signal from anyone ever!! I laughed so hard I had to stop the bike, and just smile I knew the daywas going to be good!

And it was the rest of the day was great, from visiting with Liz to Seeing Eida and meeting a new person there to Seeing Via Coletta's and then dancing till 4 am with Rosie.

I have been talking to betty and trying to teach her English a little, Then that night when I was with Rosie she introduced me to her partner, he is Italian, they found out I know how to cook very well and asked if I would cook a special dinner of Italian classic or real Italian food for them at the cafe on Sunday night I said sure!

So sunday rolled around and I had phone calls begining at 7 am friends calling and Well MILO CALLED! we had a great conversation and it looks like things are begining to mend I hope it remains. I saw the kids I am doing the wedding for down at the soda so I went out on the balcony and waved! they invited me to come down and join them. I talked to Milo a long time then showered and went down to visit for a bout ten minutes. They are very happy I am doing the wedding, the funny thing was she asked If I ever did any! H AD TO LAUGH HARD in my almost thirty years of wedding work I think I may have done a thousand or more...

The rest of the day was getting ready for the dinner I was going to prepare at Cafe Del mar... I bought all the stuff for Chicken marsala, and had to go to three places to get all the items I needed to make the dinner. I dropped it off at the cafe, this friend of rosies which Roise is Lucy you know ricky and lucy? sister.
Anway she has this freind who is from Argentina he is beautiful! god... has the prettiest blue eyes, and his voice is so sultry. He took all the stuff and placed in one of the fridges, so I left and went down to betty's and hung out till time to cook.

I left at 6:30 and began cooking in the cafe, when a couple of people I knew popped in and thought I was working there! I said no I was doing a private dinner for the owner.
I talked to a few and finished the dinner had one of the workers to call Rosie and her mate.

I put the spread out and one of the guys I met from New York who I invited to come to dinner and that Argentinian and one other woman showed up to eat. Of course people walking by saw the spread and smelled it and were wowing and looking. We ate Chicken Marsala, gnochi Palmadori all fresh and home made, great peasant bread and butter, and a Salad of two kinds of lettuce avocado and tomatoe's with lemon olive oil and vinegar.
I also purchased this flat sweet that had honey and sugar on it to eat after with expresso. We drank wine and everyone really enjoyed the meal. As were sitting and talking Rosie and I decided that we would try on Every Sunday To have me cook a special dinner, we will charge it is by invitation only, or Vip list. There were be a set fee, including wine or beer, and dessert and cappucinos or Expresso's. She is going to Advertise me and get the list started for Next sunday which I may make the same meat and a different side dish. Maybe we will do one month of Italian, and one month of Cuban and one month of Japanese, and one month of Mexican, so on and so on.. I do know how to cook many different styles so it will be not just work but fun and I sit and eat right along with the guests like a private party only I get a little cash and meet all sorts of fun people! so this is a new venture I never thought of which will be a good experience here in Jaco. I am sure once is catches on Bella Esperanza will be following soon. If only now Investors come, and I find the right place!

The gentle man from New york was Italian too so he totally enjoyed the food and the company being new To Costa Rica, he offered to take my bike home and give me a lift so I accepted and we talked for a few minutes then he went home to his house in Monterey Costa Rica which is about 25 minutes away from Jaco.

This morning I checked on my airline flight and set it for March, to return and then fly back only after two weeks of a visit there. Then I came to Del mar Hotel and interneted. I plan on contacting the man in San Jose about the bussiness opportunity that was suggested to me tomorrow. Then Possibly stay with zaida and have some shopping time.

No comments: