Wednesday, January 18, 2006

THe past two days has been really interesting, I met this Taxi driver with Gloria and Danni I believe I talked about it already his name is Marvin Great guy really very hospitable, and kind. Well he took us the bull fights but the girls were so long in getting ready that we missed the entranced. It was the last night and there were so many people that we just couldn't get in. I was sad I really wanted to see the last night, we stood around for a while and I took some photos and got my shoes all dirty. So when Marvin came back from dropping off clients at Los Suenos` I asked him to take me back. He did.

Then yesterday was a good day, I got up pretty early was going to do a number of things , but then I looked out and there was Marvin eating at the soda,I opened the big window facing the soda, this window is huge almost the size of a sliding glass and I yelled out at him to be quiet he woke me up!! He laughed and asked if I had the coffee ready yet?? I said yeah and so did a couple of the other drivers they were all laughing and saying they were coming over, Here I was standing in my nightie yelling at them too funny!!

I got my coffee and phone rang I was going to wash all the sheets and make up the beds I felt compelled to fix the place. It was liz, she wanted me to come to see her bird feeder she copied from me! Said Milo her husband who is also Milo would pick me up, then after if Iwanted I could Ride to Orotina and they would drop me off to shop. They have a Finca in Orotina so she said she would go with me! YEAH I SAID OF COURSE!

So I washed the clothes, and hung them up and then cleaned the floors got ready and ate and they came. Before they came Zach showed up to get the Bbq that Chad left here at the Apartment, so he could start a bbq bussiness at night in town. HE is so poor I feel so bad for him I wish the best for him he is very sweet. So I helped him with the BBQ and told him my receipe for the best bbq you ever tasted. I won three contests with this sauce I made.

Then liz and milo came. We drove to there Condo in Jaco and I looked at the feeder it was great! they birds loved it so she was happy that I shared this with her. We then drove to Orotina, I had only a hundred dollars and I needed many things. I needed some nighties, some sheets, a radio, a pot for a plant, and more...
We stopped at my friends little food bar in Orotina its on a corner in the end of town where the bus leaves you off, hes from Atlanta Georgia and hes a great guy too! I ate this yuka root stuff with Beef and cream cheese. We walked the whole town, looked at so many things, then I found this store that is like dollar store I asked about the radios but they didn't know a thing about them, they have no cords on them and they don't play them they think your suppose to buy them because of the way they look! I went to two places to look at TVS and Radios none had cords and none would play them for you so STUPID!! I got mad at the one place and walked out. I told the second one in Spanish Hey you buy these because of the sound not the looks not because it looks pretty but sounds good.. finally after many hours I found one and he played it for me. It was very expensive and its tiny over 50 bucks, but I needed some noise in the apartment its so quiet and no one to talk to.

I found a neat jar, and the radio and some other stuff, I went to pay for it almost $75 bucks and they would not take the 100 dollar bill no one would I walked everywhere no one would take it I WAS SO UPSET!! then I walked to the bank and the bank was so full of people they would not let us in. So we walk to another bank and they would not let us in, then we walked to the clear other side of town and the bank was closed just a few seconds before we got there. So I tired the american's little restuarant, he didn't have enough change, you see it is not easy here In Costa Rica everything is a challange and the only way you will make it is if you are strong and patient. I AM BOTH Now and am learning how to be patient. Its tough...

I then tried again at the bank they let us in but the line was ever so long, liz being retired was sitting on the side while I waited in a line that would probably take an hour there... She was thinking OH I AM A PESIONAUTO, so she got in the special line, The security gaurd was eye balling me so he pulled me out of the line and her too told us to go to the side and get out things done, but I knew he was up to something! YEAH HE ASKED ME OUT I said no they dont make change here... so back in the line she went. After about ten minutes she got the change we walked again back to far side of town and bought the stuff now were at three hours of this.

We looked some more and then stopped at this soda who had a wall made of plants very cool and had a bite to eat, then caught the bus.

I was suppose to have a date with this Tico guy who has been begging me to go out I said ok I will go to dinner, I got there late 6:30 he said 7:00 Got ready showered and He didnt show up... its as well I really didnt want to go anyhow. So I took a cab and went to Tsunami and had sushi and came home! But I was happy I thought perhaps it was going to be fun but no it was not meant to be...

No comments: