Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hurricanes, Tornados, Rain May has been a disaster

Just about everyone knows the world is changing, With Global warming, and the demise of the ecology. But isn't it a fact that the world has from the beginging according to records. Changed? it has always been in the process of change. Evolving from one era to another, land masses moving, climate's varying from hot to hotter, or from warm to cooler. Weather forming or transforming areas that were once tropical to arid? Or once aird to waste land. The World, has always been in the process of change. Although now we are all more aware of the changes through technology, More Scientific descovery,Television, and man kind who are conciously involved with saving the Earth. Mind you I agree, doing what you can on your end has an effect, even though I have heard its impossible to undo what civilizations have distroyed. But I think its all a matter of evolution of the world. We can change what happens, not only in this, but in out lives as well.


But how do we stop Hurricanes, and Tornados, and Rain that doesn't let up? Is this all the process of past doings? Maybe? or Maybe the world is trying to tell all of us something?

I heard from three friend's in Costa Rica this past week, with Hurricane Alma, The distruction that the outskirts that this storm caused, it was miles if not Countries away. Today for example, its raining terribly again Here in the Island of Ibiza. The people here say its very strange, during this time of year there is rain but nothing can be done. My friends in Costa Rica said its been so bad, flooding, raining, landslides, colapeses, distruction on all sides.

I saw this week, for the first time in one City in Spain where they had hail the size of gumballs, it distroyed the vineyards, with freshly new clusters of grapes being formed.

When I saw that I remembered living on the Vineyard growing up and how my father would worry about rain and hail, distroying the fruit and the vine, thus reducing the production of fruit for Raisins or Brandy. This was Wine grapes here in Spain, so you know that this years crop is going to be expensive to produce, and the wine will be scarce. If not valuable?

So in this I am saying, Everything has it's value. My life has changed, I relate it to this weather change in the world, no its not all about me, but I do feel that change is ever happening, your life is ever changing daily, we can control things, and direct some things, but not everything I believe is in our control. Nature is a strong force, it causes so much distruction, Do we cause all our distruction, or is some of a part of nature?

Or is it the nature, the distruction causes changes, like the vines and the fruit that is damaged by the hail, the crop is deminished, but now the price becomes higher, and the quality of wine is reduced. Leaving only a small profit but a greater in value because the demand is still there. Ok so how does this relate to our lives? Sometimes damage happens to our relationships that are difficult to repair or replace. But there is still a portion of the relation remaining, like the vines with less fruit. Taking what we have and nuturing that instead of dwelling on the loss can develop a relationship, that might be different, but still is valueable.

I noticed, the relevance in the garden, when I was working in it the past few times. The weak plants that I cut back, tend to become stronger. So when we have had something disasterous happen to us, or if we are weak, should we cut back on something that we do, making us grow in other areas? creating a stronger feeling, or a stronger structure?


I honestly don't know where I am going with this, but in the garden, and with the world changing, weak plants tend to be attacked more than the strong. This is nature in itself with everything. The old addage only the strong survive, well if we try to do better, we will survive, in the earth as well, maybe it won't be exactly as it was but adapatation, and nuturing is bound to resolve.

This is something that is not easy to understand, but with change does come inventiveness, and adapting to what is left or what you have,may teach you something in the future and makes strength.

Just ask any old person, who has lived on the earth more than fifty years, and you will hear that as long as they lived things have changed. Its all how you deal with it and accept the change.

About technology, I believe in new things I love to see new inventions and ways to combat this or that. But still nature is the best way, some of the best remedies I have used for physical use was natural, taught to me by my family. Come to find out now the world is waking up to the same exact remedies that were handed down to me from them. Shall we move on and change, and remember some of the old ways of doing things, in order to retain what we have now?

YES, AND CHANGE HAPPENS take distruction in any form, build from it, move on but try to use the past as your teacher.