Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanks giving in the USA

I flew in the on Sat wow what a day that was, three hours from San Jose up at 5:30 but first to bed at one. Then the flight was at 7:45 barely made it to the airport on time had about 20
minutes to get ready to board. Then three hours on the plane it was fine I slept some and the chair next to me was empty so it was peace full and nice.Then To Houston, from the moment in the airport problems. Immigration stopped me because I did not have my sons phone or address. He doesn't have a cell he tossed it, and then house i don't know why but anyway they didn't like that and took me in for questioning. Wasn't fun, then Six hours in the airport with no one and nothing to do. It was really cold in there and I began to feel sick. I walked the whole airport god only knows how many times. I was so bored. I really didn't meet people this time. too many tourists and more travelers than I have seen recently.

I stayed in one bar for a while for like three hours didn't drink but ate some chili and had a coffee bought for me by a nice man from Chicago, going to Managua in Nicaragua. He had a girlfriend there and a home, and likes all the central American countries.

He talked allot I listened, I was pretty reserved this time, one reason was thinking about how I would deal with Thanksgiving with my sons not really associating, my sister who invited them down and I don't really want to go there. Then the cold air conditioning making me feel sick. And for some reason this time being alone, no money.

I just listened smiled and little as I could interaction.

After the 6 hours layover, I boarded only to sit on the plane in the runway for more than 40 minutes waiting on someone who was wandering around the airport. Then four hours on that plane, It was cold i was uncomfortable and worried about where I am staying and what I am doing and how Thanksgiving was going to be. Just felt sad

I was really tired not much sleep the two nights before, then shopping like a mad woman right before the flight because The Los suenos finally gave the deposit at 2:30 the day before. Leaving me only a few hours to buy things for the hotel before I flew off.

It was mad but I did it.

Then It was only Brandon and Cade who came to get me. We had gone to the applebys for a snack and a margarita and had a really nice talk.
I love my sons, I miss them it was nice to talk with him.
Then Yesterday Sara and I went and did some mini shopping, only looking mostly I bought a pair of socks its so cold. I heard there is snow warnings and they had snow just short of Vancouver here in the foot hills.
I hate this weather I am not kidding. I am already sick. I have a sort of laryngitis I can't seem to talk well. My throat is sore and my body hurts. Its really cold to me my blood is so thin now from the warm tropical weather and sun all the time. I have not seen the sun since I left on Friday.
In the evening I went and saw Jordan and his girl and my Grandson Julian. He is a happy little boy and my son seems to be doing well.
I spent a few hours then came back to Brans.

Today I went to Jazzercise hardly anyone recognized me my hair is long and now blond,and I am a lot thinner than ever.
It was fun, not as fun as I remember. The routines seemed boring to me today.
But I talked with Sharon my friend we went and had breakfast and coffee. It was nice to see her, she is thin too and looks good! She use to be my very best friend.. but we don't communicate any more as much. She has a busy life. People in the USA are very busy and just don't take time for others. I was guilty too but I did try to make time for my friends and my boys when they weren't busy.
I don't have much to do I cleaned up the house here some and now I may change and tired to get warm and go to the Costco to check out new things. I use to love the Costco.. problem is no money.. you can't walk out of that place with out spending a couple hundred dollars like that!!

But I won't I don't have it to spend.
I did stop and see Clint he had four massages to do today, he looked very nice seemed sad missing Costa Rica and said he needed to sell his house. It sits on a corner with more than an half acre in very nice neighborhood that is developing the single family home across the street just sold for 450 thousand and the lot is nearly an eight of his I told him to list it at least that. It has a small house on it but its all land and its huge. He wants to go back to Costa Rica to live. He said he hates it here too. It is cold and lonely if your single I know for a fact it was horrible at times. Raining all the time, gray depressing, the power bills the phones god...

I don't want to move back but my work is so bad in Costa Rica now similar to the way it was four years ago before I moved there.. something has to break for me .I need an overhaul!!

Anyway Its Monday lets see what happens in the next ten days that I am here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a sugestion.. Tell clint to advertise on the craigslist. See about trading for equal value in costa Rica . trade for equity. The craig list is just another way to advertise. Plus you can post pictures of the property. and put links to details or realestate agent. Just a thought. Market might not change for another couple of years.