Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It wasTen thirty in the morning when Ken decided to drop by, I was still in my jams making a game plan of the ride to the Hospital, and the bank to get my visa and money for the landlord.

I poured him a cup of coffee before he walked in the door since I saw him drive up. When he came to the glass door that was sitting wide open "what will you have in your coffee?" I Just smiled at him, here I was in a little nighty, not expecting anyone and he flies up so I had to ask,, then I went in an got changed and talked to him for about ahour. When he left he said he would take me on the hunt to find a ride and help me do my errands.

He had to go and argue with ICE, and get a new lock for one of his stores. I got showerd and prettied up so he could take me around.

I had called lots of people to ask for Ride to the hospital but no one was available, or they were busy. I was not going to ride the city bus, too dangerous with how this foot feels.

One taxi wanted 180 dollars for over drop off and pick up later. I talked to Eida with ohope that possibly Joey or the tour bus she books could take me, or even her brother. He wanted 150, mind you I have taking the bus only costing 25 to 50 round. But not this week, its easter celebration week. The rental cars with three day minimums and Ins, was 104 170. I was stumpped not only is this costing more for the operation but also the ride. I was determind to find something.
Ken came back and picked me up, we drove over to his favori te Soda . We Ate a little then went to have me dropped off at BCR and I picked up my card and took out some money. Off to Rosies for a coffee, had checked on rental on the way no rental cars left.

Ken was eggin to go to the new Maxi bodega one stop shopping, owned by walmart. Much smaller in scale and the prices were those compared if not higher than the USA. He bought a few things used me Discount card i have for there. Off we went to Rosies, I got ahead of myself but before that, he needed to stop at one of his locales, and put the new table and chairs in and clean it up a bit. SoI walked over to The century 21 and talked to Tom, Alicia, luis Hannah and new guy Doug. NO not that Doug...

I told HannahI needed a ride so just then this guy calls and its Miguel, a driver they knew. Ok just like that I had a ride for exactly what I thought I should pay. His way with people is very good. He does Tours and gives rides to tourists, all over. He does this on his own. Miguel took me to Cima very safely and was extremely accomidating.

The Surgery was not scheduled, but the Doc knew it was today. He called and let them know when I was sitting in the wheel chair waiting to get preped. It was a long time though. I had to lay in the waiting area with all my greens on hair wrapped and one foot wrapped. For about four hours. I was freezing so I signaled to the nurse and she brought me two heated blankets. OH that felt so good, so I slept for awhile before the surgery.

No comments: