Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Weekend, Semana Santos


This Week is a special week here on Costa Rica, the Semana Santos

The Easter Week is really big deal here, I know they have parades but I have not been able to go out to see. As I said in a earlier Post, I watched a parade from Spain on the TV here, that had enormous Floats made out of wood and gold and Statues of Jesus the saints. The Floral displays of all white flowers with lights burried inside of the displays. So that the whole float glowed like it had a holy presents about it. Then I saw ones with red flowers signifying the Blood of Jesus and the mother Mary, The apostiles, and more.

The presentations of the these floats made me feel so alive, to be able to admire the details,the workmanship, the Flowers used in only a way a designers eye can see. Being a designer and watching this made me feel so happy to see that all over the world flowers are a symbol of celebration, a symbol of holidays. Some had so much gold on some of them it was actually shining so bright that the reflection of the lights on the gold made the whole street light up. I was amazed at the designs, and the amount of flowers and gold. The whole Parade consists of these floats. They would spread saw dust down on the ground first and then the parade would walk on this carpet of dust. Each Float had many people carring them with large posts and frames made of wood I suppose, and then covered in gold, I think it was real gold on some... some where not gold some where white and some where red. MUY INCREBLAY!!

I already said that the amount of people In Jaco is astounding, I cannot believe the people here this week. I have been laid up since I have so many stiches and can not walk much yet, but Today I had so many visitors, here at the house. More than normal. A few of my friends came by to tell me how terrible town was, and that they wanted to just hang out and not go into town.

First Dennis Peasby came by the Teacher Slash Artist, who is in love with the idea of being in love with a tica or Nica or Columbiana... he has come from New York to find him one. Let me describe Dennis to you, he is tall lanky and has gray curly uncut hair almost to his neck. It is generally covered with a baseball cap, since he is growing thin on the top. Dennis talks slow and very clear, and smiles very big. He wears some small wire rimmed glasses and I like his demeanor allot. He came by to use the computer and to visit in the morning before the sweltering heat would melt him down on his bike. Then right after he left, The land lords wife showed up at the glass door knocking, wondering how I liked the food I told her in spanglish that I love it that it was muy RICO!! RICO IS a cool word you can use it for many things later I will explain. Rico is means many different things.
She was happy and spoke to me for about a half hour, mind you Im still in my nightie, but had my coffee sat in the morning sun on the porch till 9:00, then people came.
She was happy I was getting better.
Right before I made a delicious smoothie for Dennis and I she came. I made it with fresh mangos and one banana, some liquid yogurt they have here Strawberry, and some ice. It was so Refreshing that Dennis was amazed, he wanted the receipe!

After she left a knock on the door again, of course right when your in the bathroom someone comes!! GOD NO BREAK TODAY... It was Ken my friend from New york that I met here too. He wanted to talk and see if Iwas ok? He hadn't seen me since the operation.

Funny man curious man, Always bitter, always New york additude, but for some reason his bitterness and negative additude cracks me up. I laugh at him all the time. I like him too... His gal is Dominican Repulic, another American in love with the idea of being in love with a foreigner.

WHAT ABOUT US CUTE AMERICANS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY? God hes so funny... He always rent's the best car you can get and he has a nice Condo which by the way is for sale in Monterey, that is just south of Esterillos este. His Condo is beautiful Sleeps four or five, Air conditioning, and a huge kitchen. I would love to have his place its perfect, looking out to the sea.

He, Marcia, and I went on a ride to Villa Colletas, on the mountain top. What a beautiful day. It has been raining a little and boy what a difference in the the landscape. That little bit of water has made the earth green, blooming and ever so beautiful. The palm trees swaying, the banana trees all look fresh and heavy with fruit. All the trees look so pretty and green or with lots of flowers. The Fields or pastures are dark green and filled with skinny white cows, brama looking cows. We rode up the mountain top and went to the restuarant there, It over looks the Sea and the whole north end of Costa Rica, you can actually see the peninsula, Punteranas, Guanacaste, and tamarindo, and more. It was very spectacular today because of a breeze you could see for miles.
It was very hot up there but I was completly enjoying the sun since I have not been in it much in the last three months. It felt so healing on my back and sking. I was wearing a camoflodge halter top, and pair of tan knee lenght shorts some big earings and cute bracelet that Sara and bought in the states when I was there last. Marcia had long pants on and I asked her in Spanish how she stood the heat with those on? She said it didn't bother her? OK IM SWEATING LIKE A PIG at that point. Ken and Marcia sat in the shade and Kens Face was bright red, I was loving it.
We had drinks Ken a spiked cappuccino, Marcia a mechilda, and ME WELL A BORNING Lemonade. It was nice and refreshing though.
After we decied to go the new Store that opened here and get some grub for dinner for tomorrow. Ken was craving some Italian food, So I said if you help I will cook. Marcia volunteered! So tomorrow he is picking me to go out there and spend the day by the pool and have a nice leasurely day in Esterillos.

I have another freind who came by before all this, it was Anna Corina, She is Canadian, she is now living down stairs and is the sister of Chad and David the two young boys who where living here for the past 4 months enjoying the surf before going back to school, begining college.

Anna is tall blonde, very cute and about 40, she is a surfer too. In the states she is a pt, a massage therapist. I Believe she said Vail Colorado.
She came by to say she had a pt coming today to the apt, and wanted to know if I wanted some therapy, GEZZ I did but ken was taking me out. So I past, then tonight after our excursion, I made the sauce for the lasagne, and rested, talk to Milo online, then Anna Came by with David, the PT. So we talked and he suggested that I do my therapy in the sea. He thinks the minerals in the sea will heal the wounds and make my tendons get back in shape the walking on the sand will build muscle so he is going to help me some in the next few days.
I hope this works.
Now I am resting its dark the sunset tonight was very pretty the sky was a multitude of orange pinks and blues. Costa Rican Sun.

No comments: