Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Vancouver Gray days, its been gray here for several days and the cold is getting to me already. My son bought me a cute sweat outfit or jogging outfit so I wouldn’t get cold and I could be comfortable without feeling freezing. Its not that cold but being in that warm climate in Costa Rica and then returning to raining cold climate could be a very difficult adjustment. I feel like I am getting some bronchitis already. My breathing is labored and I do not like the way I feel here.

I woke up this morning to Clints Alarm clock, as I had to go to market with Pam at 8:00, funny I couldn’t wake up and it was past 7:00, over there I am up around 5:30 or so. Its not hard either because the sun is up and its warm and the birds are singing loudly there, here I have not heard one bird. Oh with the exception of some loud jays.
Clint made me coffee I packed up my things and got dressed and left for the day. I met up with Pam and we headed in to Portland.

I have been eating far to much, too so I feel really ugly now! I will be leaving in a few days to go to New Mexico to see Milo. So hopefully its not as cold there as it is here.

I started on the showroom designs today. I spent most of the day shopping for more product to build all sorts of holiday décor for this design store here called Creative Interiors. I have the rest of the week to complete allot of stuff, I mean allot.

The room where I will be working alone is filled with holiday décor, lots of greens, lots of poinsettias, Amaryllis, hydrangeas, and all sorts of bamboo, large twigs and more. Its all silk, ready for me to create all kinds of things to use in homes and offices. It’s a warehouse, that is vacant, and there is nothing but a radio,( AGAIN???ONLY A RADIO??) the lighting in this room is kinda dark, so if I am working late it may be difficult for me to see. I thought about it today and once again I am alone, not fun as trying to be creative for me is better when others are around and at least I can have some sort of conversation now and then!!

I found out today that I will be doing all the producing until Pam comes back and by that time I will be in New Mexico. I will return in time to do some huge pieces, decorate the trees for the show and produce what I want to use for my demo. At this point I have no idea what the hell I am doing yet, but I know that in doing many stage shows, kinda like Martha ya know in case you have no idea what I am talking about? Its like I demo how to decorate you table, your mantel your walls your doors your house period for the holidays. This is generally a very successful show. People actually listen to what I have to say! and they ask all sorts of questions after and tell me how much they love all the things I do.

Its not hard for me to do this, as I have been performing my trade for allot of years, I find it an honor to be asked to demo in front of lots of people, and to be asked to come back many times means that it is successful.

I am sure it will be good, and I will take lots of photos.

I am looking forward to going to New Mexico, as I have never been there and I am sure it has its own beauty as I have been told. Sure its not like Costa Rica but It does have its own luster and I will be sure to capture that and record what I feel and what I am doing while I visit Milo.

Personally, I do not know why I should be looking forward to going back , but I am looking forward to going back to Costa Rica, the states are really bountiful I realize now, and its easy to find things and easy to do things here. But for reason I find some disgust in things here, the attitudes, the whole way here, to me is frustrating. I see all my friends running ragged, stressed and so over worked. I know that is how I was before I made this decision to change my life and do something simpler, and hopefully less costly in order to live. I know with out working here right now I would not have a way back, since the house is not selling! GOD I WISH SOMEONE WOULD JUST BUY IT!! Its not a bad house I do not understand? It has a huge lot that is subdividable, and it has a beautiful garden attached to the house. Lots of potiential. I saw it years ago and bought it first day I saw it, why doesn’t anyone appreciate the type of house and the beautiful garden? If they had seen it when I bought it years ago? They would throw up… it was such a mess, and now its darling. It breaks my heart that no one has offered? I pray it happens soon as I do need the money to return to Costa Rica and invest and begin the dream I had one year ago.

ANYONE WANT TO BUY SOME LAND IN VANCOUVER WASHINGTON???

No comments: