Monday, October 10, 2005

The Trip to Manuel Antonio

Restuarant with the fuselage three stories tall and great view! a must see in Manuel Antonio!
Fresh water Crab and the view from the park



Canes and roots in the Park in Maunel Antonio, the palm ferns



Garobo Iguana, in Manuel Antonio on the beach he was huge. Sorry I cut his nose off
One of the bridges on the way, that never got built, the bus rides over rocks and wood instead of the bridge
The Palm plantaintion, where all the coco products are made, acres and acres of palms as far as you can see. Ferns such as bostons growing out of the trunks and tops of the trees.




The Trip to Manuel Antonio


Well it was kinda looking like it was gonna rain, I found out about the bus going to Manuel Antonio, it goes to Quepos first then you take another bus to Manuel Antonio. It stopped on the corner right near my place. I sat somewhere near the back and opened the window. Just so I could see all the countryside, and actually get rid of some of the Cologne, that so many men had on ! PHEWWWWWW. The ride was not so bad did take a bout a hour. Ended up in Quepos, a small fishing town not a whole lot to speak about since I only saw the roads to the station, but it looked like a very old town.
The Ride to Manuel Antonio was a short but very pretty one. The scenery changed drastically in less than 10 minutes. It became lush, greener, and clean. Going up the hill, you got a tremendous view of the La Playa, the beach, and it was ever so beautiful! There were small islands, and rocks in the sea the color was very turquoise, and restful looking. Palm trees were intermixed with other trees and foliage that was much different that other areas I have already seen.

The buildings structures and houses were extremely nice and clean. I really Manuel Antonio, I may have to reconsider and spend a month or two there before I decide were I want to be. From the beginning I said this place is really dumpy, but at least where I am living right now it is not as bad as the rest of Jaco.

Now Seeing Manuel Antonio, made me very happy to be there. The little town and the shops and the restaurants the beautiful Huge HOUSES ON THE HILL SIDES the Ocean beaches were really white, and the sand so soft compared to Jaco, the beach was like a bowl, very rounded and sloped when you came from the jungle part of the area.

I went to the National park with hopes of hiking and seeing some animals, toucans, Monkeys sloth’s, and other animals. But I only saw sloths. Actually I saw many sloths’s hanging from the tall tall papaya trees in the back of jungle, I walked a long way off the beach and back into the jungle area on a gravel road, I saw birds and fresh water red and purple huge Crab, some jesus Christ lizards, and the hugest bamboo cluster. It had to be hundred’s of years old. I was in awe when I walked upon this. I couldn’t believe how huge the pieces and how gigantic the cluster itself was?? But No Monkeys I heard them but I never saw them. I was little disappointed, I followed the road to the very end. I saw other people going that way so I figured I go too, it ended up in the hill side of beautiful houses, I then saw a cab and ask he could take me to the town to eat. Instead he sent me to the beach again where I began,to a bbq chicken place. I thought of what the heck? So I ate waited a long time as usual, like in the states it always seem I order and then when it comes to serving me, everyone around me get’s theirs first? Even if they came way after I did? It applied here too… I was the first one sitting down, I didn’t hesitate on the order I order the bbq chicken and rice and beans plantains. But then many people came… and guess who the last to get the food was? ME! I went looking around at the vendors on the beach, selling stuffed animals, in monkey’s and Toucans, and sarong’s. Came back and still no food! So I just sat and dreamed and looked at the great view from there of the beach, it actually sat right on the beach.

A make shift cover or limbs, and black plastic, and fishing net to hold the black plastic, and the tables where like picnic tables no linen nothing, and a bbq, a cook top with gas and pans a frying. Really outdoors cooking. It was delicious! I was happy even though I waited forever.
After that I walked up the main street and look around at all the shops, and the restaurants. I had a pina` Coloda, and looked out at the sea, it was in this restaurant that was above the sea looking over it. Ok I had two Pina Coladas, they were really really good. Fresh Pinapple, and coconut and the milk was fresh not coco lopez.

I walked some more then caught the bus back, but on the way I saw this place with a huge plane, so I got off the bus… wrong move here.. but it was a great place to stop, even thought it cost me some time and grief and a little bit of struggle. You see I went to check out this plan restaurant, that had the most INCREDIBLE VIEW EVER of Maunel Antonio… I saw there and looked out my binoculars, rocked in the tipico Rockers of Costa Rica, all leather and tooled and very comfortable.. I had to order something so I had something to drink, and sat and admire the brilliant view from this vantage point. Good suggestion is to at least go to this place and check it out if you ever come here. I caught another bus back to Quepos and thought I was going to catch a bus to Jaco, but after I got to Quepos I asked when the next bus was coming they said 5:00 am tomorrow!!! Oh no… think quit and I did. I saw another bus going to Parreta which is on the way to Jaco. I thought if I catch this at least I am closer to Jaco, which would make the next jaunt a little easier than staying in Quepos for the night.. Good move here.

I rode to Parreta now it was dark, and raining, I was thinking ok where am I going to go? I tried to ask the bus driver where there was a hotel or Cabinas at least to stay in? he didn’t understand me so I just got off, and began to walk in the dark to the town. I had the umbrella up and walked about 8 blocks when I saw a big gas station, Gas stations here are big, they cover a big area not like the ones in the states on every corner. So asked about Cabina’s he sent me on the wild goose chase.


I went from cabina to cabina, all were so gross.. so dirty and actually wanted like 28 dollars a night! Way to much for a tiny little hole with a bed. So Stated to walk back to gas station and asked again about a hotel? He told me the Rio there In Parreta. I began walking when I saw this truck with products that I have seen in Jaco, it was a young man who drove the truck, so I stopped and told him I live in Jaco. He said he wasn’t going back till the morning. He suggested I get a taxi, so I did and it was only like 17 dollars to go 45 miles.

Much better than staying in the ugly cabina’s and at least I was home in less than 30 minutes. Came home and ate a little and then right to bed. What a great day aside from that though.. I totally loved Manuel Antonio… I really would like to see how much land and houses would be to build there. Its much better more fitting to my idea of lifestyles .

No comments: