Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Pumpkin patch MORE PHOTOS TO COME





The Pumpkin Patch, Battle ground Washington


Well I came over to the kids house early and brought bacon, sausage and biscuit mix. I made all of us breakfast, then I got online to blog and had a terrible time getting it to publish. I spent more than a hour posting photos, then the whole thing vanished into Webland or Computer land or somewhere I have no idea where??? I just hate that when that happens!!

Then Got ready for the great Pumpkin patch. We invited Jordan and Nancy and Josh and Julian, but they had other plans, which I thought strange since they generally don’t so a lot on Sunday and being that the baby was just born I thought this would be the first opportunity to have them out of the house? But no it was just us Kelsy, Brandon, Sara and I.

We went into BattleGround to find many people at the pumpkin patch. In fact as passing the Catholic Church on the corner I saw fewer cars in the parking lot there than at the pumpkin patch directly down the road from the church.
There were hundreds of people there all waiting to find the perfect pumpkin for there carving artistry.
This Pumpkin adventure was not just a patch, but a whole series of pumpkin follies.
From A petting zoo with Chickens (pollo) or and Goats( Cheevos) Calfs (Vacas) and a duck. To a hill created all out of Hay with tunnels and a slide made of a plastic covert. Very cleaver actually the kids loved it and the moms and dads were all taking photos of the children sliding through the tube. To a maze of corn that lasted more than an hour, which I might add had a sign that clearly stated enter at your own risk…. We didn’t go in even thought I wanted to.

A short hay bail maze that the children found very exciting and fun. There was an apple press where people were waiting in line to taste the sweet fresh apple juiced squeezed right there in front of you by hand. There were old time steam tractors, and steam machines, a Farmers market store, and bale ride to the pumpkin patch by tractor. They had trailers all lined with bails of hay and covers over them so incase it rained which it does constantly here, you wouldn’t get wet. Pulled by tractors these rides took you to the back 40 where you would get off the ride and pick your own pumpkin. So with Four of us we got to get four pumpkins. All different and all sizes. Kelsey picked a white one, I picked a green and slightly orange one, Brandon picked a huge orange one, Sara chose a long skinny one orange too.

The trailer came back around we were waiting to board when all of a sudden out of no where Kelsey stumbled and fell over with her pumpkin right into a rotted mass of pumpkin goo and went head first. I laughed so hard, and so did everyone around her all the people waiting and watching us, because we had Jarvus with us too. I forget to mention this, but we couldn’t walk two feet with out someone saying how cute or look at the doggie ohhhhhhhhh cute puppie ohhhhh I love that dog. It was Caios, with Jarvus. I told Brandon we should charge for every photo so we could pay for our dinner tonight! It was funnier when I said it than typing it, it was one of those you had to be there moments??? Ya know? So many people stopped us that it took twice as long to go anywhere or do anything.

We loaded out pumpkins in the truck and rode home only after taking Kelseys pants off since there where filled with pumpkin rotted goo.

I came home and made Chinese Chicken salad with the best dressing ever, and good hot parmesian Cheese bread. The kids loved it as well as Kelsey. I washed my clothes and got ready to pack to Go to New Mexico. Called Milo and we chatted for a while tonight, I think he is a bit excited that I am coming to stay. I am sure its going to be a great time and a good learning experience for both of us.

Today I heard from my sister Franny, she is the oldest she doesn’t do internet but Linda her friend does and I guess somehow someone told them that I have this blog so they got on and read all the stories. When she called she was worried that I would be mad that she read this, I laughed she is so cute. I said this is why I do this so those people who know me and haven’t the time or have not been in touch can read and feel like they know where I am and what I am doing and so it makes them feel as if they are keeping in touch. It also allows them to see things they may not be able to see. I told her she can email me on there this is something my sister is not familiar with but said she would try. Said she wish she had a computer and that she would learn it. Maybe her partner should look into getting her one. Maybe her Daughter my niece should get one for her children so they all could keep in touch with each other??? Makes me wonder?

Well I better go to bed I have to catch the plane in the morning and spend most of the day in the airports it seems reading my itinerary it sounds like my whole day is going to be spent there in airports, PORTLAND TO PHOENIX TO NEW MEXICO.


Caught the plane in Oregon, you can tell your in Oregon by the color of people skin, very white and very pale. When I arrived in Phoenix, the color of people change, the skin was darker and everyone is wearing shorts. Its been more than a two hours of wait time, I walked down the hall to the Mexican restaurant, and had some tacos and beans and rice that tasted very different than what I have had before. I suppose phoenix Mexican is very different than I have experienced.I guess this is Tex Mex? Anyhow I had a beer and then walked down the way and had another beer. Waited in the lobby area for the plane to arrive. At this point I should get into Albuquerque at 6:00 or so. So I have spent the whole day in the air port.
It was faster to fly to Costa Rica than it was to fly to see Milo!!

No comments: