Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The botanical garden and another trip to San Jose

On Sunday I got up late around 7:30 had a little bite of watermelon, and then went and looked at house in Jaco on the hill for about $120 thousand dollars, two story nice size lot but it needs of course total renovation, new roof, new bathroom, new windows and additions. It had enough room for a pool and a garden a outdoor bar and cabana area. But Boy it would be allot of work and money. I thought about it, if they would sell it to me for half the price, get a loan for the total or more, I may be able to get it right. But I hate to go through remodel and I do not have credit here yet. But I know from the past that anything is Possible!!
I am thinking about it and it may be something to do and then sell it and really get what I want. Which as I have said over and over is a place in Esterillos on a hill over looking the sea.
After that I took Clint on a ride north past Tarcoles, up a grand mountain to a really nice botanical Garden called pura vida gardens. Where Clint and I held toucans, and parrots on are arms. They were tame and so beautiful! we walked for hours through the wandering paths of gardens that were all tropical botanical indigenous plants of Costa Rica.

It was not flat it was hilly and at some points hard to climb it may have been the altitude, or the heat but I had to rest several times just sitting and admiring the beauty of the hillsides the spectacular view of the mountain jungles and the expansive panorama of the sea from that level.


We stayed for several hours enjoyed the day then had a fresh pineapple drink then walked some more. We left around 4:45, and made it to Villa Colleta to have a beer and watch the sunset for the End of the week. What a great day we had it was peacefull, and quiet tranquilla.....
the Sunset was lovely but far to many people for me. Some were blocking our view, I had to ask them to move making it a little uncomfortable. But it was a beautiful sunset I enjoyed the evening, thinking of how nice it was just to be able to enjoy a sunset.

That night I went to bed pretty early, as the next day I needed to Go to San jose again to take care of some business and try to trouble shoot problems with provisions that I ordered that never arrived. I took Luis Deigo with me as a translater for two companies that I deal with. I had to have someone strong. Luis is a nice guy he owns a small Soda in Jaco and is doing well with it. Typical Costa Rican food, is what they serve. We rolled into Aluejuela around 12:00 and dealt with one issue and in about 15 minutes he had the situation resoloved. Wow I was very happy. Then we moved on to the next, we had lunch at TGI Fridays which was the first time for Deigo, he enjoyed it we had a nice talk and continued on our venture to find the things needed for my projects. At the end of the night we stopped by Diegos sister's house I met his family and his new nephew. Very nice family, Obviously he has had a good life.

The next day I returned to office with meetings, and meetings and meetings, new job sites previews and calls. It ended with of all things a Chamber of Commerce meeting in COSTA RICA??? I thought, yes an American started it. So I went to the mixer, met some people and enjoyed the pina coladas, the good food provided by Bubbas, and the music provided by the Monkey Bar. The designed Condos were bland, not exciting the drapes were lacking of fabric, the colors were ok but it just didn't have any pazzaz. I love Flair, but this had none.

Today is spent again just doing office things, Maybe tonight we will go to the bohelio a place on the beach that opened up again and have there beach buffet and watch the sunset. Not a whole lot going on but hopefully soon more action and with more work,





No comments: