Thursday, August 30, 2007

Been working on a new landscape job, also putting a techio de palma. Its where they put palm leaves woven for a roof.

The owner of the house in Esterillos wants it authentic Costa Rican so I found a guy who works in this and tomorrow he begins to construct the roof. I really love this effect, and its so functional, insulates from heat and keeps the rain from coming in, but in this case its mostly cosmetics. If and when I build a house here I want this on a portion of the roof like the second story where my bedroom is. I think its so pretty.

So I will take photos of the process to show on the blog.

Tuesday I got a call from a friend for a Music video. They wanted Dancers and some of my close friends know I am loca for Dancing. So Kevin and I Clint's friend got dressed and went to for the filming. It was Five hours of Dancing in hot lights, smoke, and it was Raining like HELL.. the roof was leaking but that did not stop the filming.

It was weird really because they contacted the prostitutes from the Beetles bar and there were many of them in Short short dresses and high high heels. Not really pretty ones either! Its legal here, prostitution. So I assumed they figure they would contact that bar and get all the girls from there. But normal people showed up too.
They shot us in the back with the third camera, but later in a shot where the models come down the stairs they put me right in the front of the line. Ended up they filmed me three times solo, and well they asked for my permission to use the clip. The name of the Group is Kumbia Kings, I think there Mexican decent, and some live in California. They all spoke English. It was fun but really hard. The lights and heat, the take after take doing the same thing.. But It was interesting and it helped pass a very hard rainy night! It ended for us at 3:00 am we began at around 9:00 p.m.

Now in Jaco, we are actually becoming a city. We have professional boxing now,I personally like boxing. It is because my father use to watch the Gillette boxing night on Saturdays always. When I was young we all had to be still and watch or leave the room. I use to watch. So now in my adulthood I still like it. It is every Tuesday at Secret Society. I plan next Tuesday to check it out.
Other than that, the weather has been rain, hot but rain allot of rain. Everything is Green and pretty. I saw Ten Red Macaws the other day just sitting in the top of tree very close to me enjoying the rain. preening there selves it was very cool.

I may try to go to Manuel Antonio this weekend to just hang out, it is one of the main resorts in the area, but if it rains all weekend I won't because part of the road is dirt. If not I stay here and just visit with friends.
Tonight I have a dinner date with another one of my American Friends, he is going to cook me dinner, he said Marlin, and rice, salad and veggies. Sounds great! I am such a fish eater now... its so dang good here why not?
I was also invited to a big party at a chain place here in Costa Rica called the Cantina so We may later go to my friends Birthday party.
For today just trying to round up people for the work and order things to be installed and delivered. PURA VIDA!

No comments: