Thursday, August 16, 2007

The TSunami warning



Yesterday at playa Herradura near my office... Kevin treated me to mothers day lunch. Arroz con Camerons. Rice with Shrimp.. so delicious!
Woke up to a beautiful Sunny day.. hot again.
Last night was if you have not heard a warning of a Tsunami here in Jaco.
About eight o'clock, I was having dinner with a new American I met, at this cool Italian restaurant in Amapola. The food was Devine no lie.. beautiful presentation and the taste was so authentic Italian. While we were laughing, drinking a glass of wine with other friends. The general manager came up and told us there was a Tsunami warning that all of the beach areas were being evacuated.
I was not afraid... I didn't know why?
The place was ramped with people running,cars buzzing through town. all the Taxis left with people full inside. All the roadways were packed.. police everywhere... I help rescued a couple of people who needed rides to the mountain side, then I searched for Clint, he was not found I knew he was going to the Jungle bar to wait for his friend , so I drove down town. It was dark not a soul around the whole town was just about empty. When I saw only him walking down the road. I made him get in the car and drove to higher ground above the sea near Playa Hermosa at the tallest point which was about three stories. I figured that would be high enough should a big wave come... We waited and I anticipated running should I see it coming to the mountain, climbing a tree. But honestly I had no fear??? so weird I am.
Funny Clint, John and I all felt the same way.. I didn't think it was going to happen.
We watched the sea, at moments it was loud, then quiet... then very loud then quiet... but the time past for it to hit and I knew that it was only a scare.
The whole town was shook up, everyone I knew ran to the mountains near by.
We did have a slight earthquake a few days ago and it shook my walls in the apartment. Clint was scared.. I have been through allot of earthquakes so I was not.
But I lived and I am still here to work, enjoy and have a decent life in Costa Rica.
This weekend is a big Surf competition tripple crown world competition. So I am sure the town is going to be full of people.
I plan on watching at least one of the day of the contest.
Today I am working on a plan for new client...he is difficult to get intouch with. I have been trying for five weeks.. LET IT BE THIS WEEK that he says yes!
I plan on Taking photos of the beach and the contest... maybe one of me too?



No comments: