Monday, October 02, 2006

The next day after Fiesta

We stayed at the fiesta for quite some time, the next day we had alot to do but both of us were dragging our heels. Although we did accomplish alot for the future jobs.

We came home around 10 at night only after stopping at Olandos for some time to talk and discuss the new furniture orders, but as it stands I do not know if Orlando will be doing things for us again, He hasn't repaired some items that needed it, its been like five weeks and still no action. Tony was upset with him and I was too, but it seemed they were strained about this situation. We were getting ready to leave to go back to Jaco, when this young man walked up to Orlando, to question him if he would buy something from him so he could eat. The guy had a rock for sale, yeah a rock.
Tony said what kind of Rock he said it had been in his family for a long time, Tony said lets see it. So we drove over to this kids house, he was riding his bike very fast happy that possibly he was going to sell something in order to eat.

Tony offered him 6 thousand colones, which amounts to about 12 dollars or more. The kid came carring this very heavy almost weighing him down rock. It was huge, I couldn't really see what it was because we were in a pitch black area with no street lights and he came from the back of his house.
When Tony and I both saw it it was an old artifact, a carved out rock of Lava. like something that was used to ground food or roots or something, it could have been a sink of some sort for a chief Indian. I don't know exactly but as soon as I get this computer figure out in english will photo it and put it online. It is very cool, well now its in my house on a pedistool. We used it last night filled it with water and I put floating candles in it. It looked great really different.
I made a great dinner last night for Jill and Rich the new neighbors, Tony and I and them drank wine and had Spaggetti with Italian sausages, a great salad with gorgonzola, and feta cheese. Garlic bread and yummy wine that they new ones brought. We spent the evening chatting and just having a nice time hanging out.
The rock is in the entrance of the apartment and it looks so cool! I was happy with my gift.
Today I looked at it closely, its been shaped flat on one side, the others are rounded and it has a whole the shape of someones face. Big enough to wash your face in, but it may be for something else. I don't know as I said but it is really nice.

Today was started with aerobics, and then a small breakfast of mango and one toast. I tried to work on the computer. I had Tony calling all our sources and making sure things were getting bids for the new jobs. We called about the mall, but no answer yet.
Then we went into town to see if Miguel a freind of Tony's could change this computer from Spanish to English, but it didn't work. Its locked and you have to down load all new softwear. The Office depot didn't give me anything to do it with. I need help. I tried to call a guy here who does computers but he was so busy he said maybe at 8 tonight but IT'S COSTA RICA<>
We went to la Flor and changed somethings for a new client that is coming and has not seen his house, the partner has and has been staying in the house a couple of times now, but the new partner has not seen a thing. So I went cleaned it up for him for free, watered the plants and just simply took some care. Then we met with David and Jadeda about an order by this time it was 7:00, we went and ate and now Tony is snorring like a saw mill, and I am sitting on the bed blogging.
I sure hope tomorrow I can get this computer going better. I need to do invoices and bids and spread sheets. HELP ANYONE HELP!!!

No comments: