Friday, October 20, 2006

Its been busy, Tony and I are running fast and working on things and not getting paid yet. It is as if were working for nothing but I know that all these jobs are soon to be depositing.

I have done nothing fun or exciting, in fact its been very stressfull. The New location is coming along but Jimmy my contractor is giving me a strange feeling.

Tonight he totally took advantage of me and Tony did nothing, Not only did he get paid but he ate and drank and left me to pay the bill. At this moment I am very mad.. I feel like these people think I have dollars signs on my forehead!!!

I was so busy all day trying to accomplish anything but still after many phone calls, huge communication gaps, I do not have a sign, nor windows done, nor windows inside or anything I have been trying to accomplish for two weeks now.
Living in Costa Rica is a challange, there are I will admitt many advantages to living here and the beauty of the country is astounding, but the dealing with Ticos and the additudes are very difficult for Americans. Things just do not get done here... Can you tell im upset?

I have had a hell of week, and right now im so mad at my contractor I could strangle him.
Jimmy comes off as this nice guy but he has underlying tones about him and I know better. This is it, the men here think that American women are full of money, and they are stupid on top of it.... but I got news for them. I swear if I do not get answers in a few days I will knock some heads off. They have no idea what to do with strong women.

I am trying to be kind and trying to be patient but with this language barrier I want to scream!!!!

Then there is Tony who works like a dog and he helps me in every way he can, but I have noticed in the past weeks that he trys to be in total control, and honestly that is not good. He needs to consult with me and after all I am the boss.
Sorry just bitching and moaning right now it is hard to be a women when you have all this machismo around you.

Can you tell its been a rough week?

Things in business is good we have more contacts than I can believe but some of the situations that I have to deal with and can not explain, or discuss is really getting to me.
Maybe next week it will be better?

On a ligther note, I have not gone or seen the beach in more than two weeks , and I live less than a half block away. This is bad, I am sad that I have not had time to do much at all.
Also I wanted last week to go and do something fun but that never happened either.

I sure hope that the next few weeks are better before I leave for the USA, I have to deal with a very stressfull situation there with Setting up hotels and big businesses for the holidays and it is very hard work, there fore I hope that something comes together here, and that I at least enjoy life before I leave.




No comments: