Saturday, November 05, 2005

Christmas after Holloweem

This whole past week and the weeks before were spent designing holiday decor For Creative Interiors in Vancouver Washington. I worked in a wearhouse over by Charlies dive bar, and next to an Auto mechanic shop, who I found that one of Brandons Friends Kerry, works. I was working there and Noticed it was him I tried to talk to him, and he didn't recognize me. We talked a few times during the time I was designing for the store, so that was nice to see him again.
The show was on Thursday, an it went very well, except some of the people I had asked to come didn't show. In fact only three people I knew personally showed up.Even though my children have seen what I do many times it would have been nice to have them there just for a while. I don't think the Jordan even remember that or cared that I was doing anything.

All the people who did come where very repsonsive and really liked all the things I showed. It was nice to be doing this once again. I can say that I was most relaxed more than ever, The confidence that came to me was stronger than I have ever felt.

Knowing that nothing really was going to result from this where as before in doing shows I was nervous about the presentation and what would come would be perspective clients. This time I knew nothing was coming and that I didn't really have to impress anyone, as soon I would be leaving to go back to Costa Rica and this was simply a nice way to make some easy money.

I had people laughing, and clapping and it was a great way to inspire people to get in the mood for Christmas right after Holloween.

After, I was going to go back to Brandon and Sara's, which I called first but they were discussing, and so I chose to stay away from the house for a few hours. So at 10:30 after the show I went to this little Martini bar downtown Vancouver and talked on the phone to Milo and had three Martinis untill Brandon called and told me to come home. We talked about allot of things, one which was the delay of the project in Costa Rica, So needless to say I was sad being there alone first of all and a wee bit disapointed that only a couple of people came to see me, then to find out that now the plan that we would spend The holiday together is delayed. Well for the most part the evening was good it was just a solom ending.

Yesterday was spent trying to collect money from Sharp and from Creative interiors but nothing was gained, except a lunch with an old friend and a great conversation with another Gerri Espinoza. Gerri has been a long time friend of over 30 years, we both have sons the same age only her's is Famous. He is a singer song writter musician and plays for the band Earlimart, If you Type in Aaron Espinoza you will find all sorts of things about him. Regardless, Gerri and I had allot to talk about.

It was nice to consult with her, and get oppinons on some subjects that have been perplexing me.

I came home to get on the computer and talk to milo for three hours online GOD WHERE SUCH FREAKS!! after that the kids and I went to Bostons and they had ribs, I had a chipotle Chicken salad. It was fun watching Kelsey eat her pizza and chair dance the whole time! She is so funny I laughed so hard at her when she got out of her chair and danced in the middle of the restuarant, hmmmmm I wonder who would do that same thing? Her Nonnie!! as we left Her and I did the boodie shake at the front door.

Came home to hang her princess netting over her bed, and retire to watching star wars and fell asleep on the couch.

This morning I woke to the noise of Jarvus crying because he wanted out, but I didnt get up in time... poor puppy he made a huge mistake and I had to clean it up.
Then Brandon got up and spent time teaching him to roll over, lay down and sit. This dog is pretty smart so he should be either driving or fixing dinner by the time I return next year!

No comments: