Saturday, January 10, 2009

The trip back

Beautiful sunsets
Howler monkey statue in Costa Rica.. but this is what they look like
This was as I was exiting Nicaragua, enterin Costa Rica. The old ox carts are used everywhere, even horse drawn buggies are use to haul trash to the dump.


This is the new plant in Nicaragua




It was an interesting trip to the border, I took a taxi as I said to get to the border in hopes of catching a bus from there. I saw some people walking down the road on the way that were carring baskets huge ones over there heads and in there arms. I had seen these in The corns and really wanted one for what I have no idea but I was bound to find one.. here we are driving in the middle of no where when I see the people with fresh ones they had just made out of bamboo. I Had to stop, I paid about $1.00 for it. So this was a bulky thing for me to bring on the bus but I did it. I had two Large Conch shells that I found, some strange coral two huge pieces, plants from the sea and bag of Shells. Plussssssssss all my things and two purses. When they dropped me off, I had to walk through a corridor of small eateries, shaks with people cooking all tyical Nicarauan food. It was about three to four blocks of that until you come to the final gate which is was just a small gate of the border.




I paid to pass, carring all my stuff, like a burro. I walked to the immigration of Nicaragua where lots of people milling about and busses stacked up cars in line to go through. I talked to someone to get information on how to pass and get stamped and get to the Costa Rica side. Well I got foul information, Walking through mud with flip flops carring the basket on my head like the locals filled with my things I struggled to get the immigration on the Costa rica side. Went through one small gate, then they said you can't pass you have to havd this stamped in the other side first. OH BOY.. ok I had to walk back now with all this aproximately Three large blocks not city blocks country blocks, to the first gate.. ok I was hot and getting frustrated but I did it. I got the stamped when this guy approached me and said you can pay me under the table to pass you through the Costa Side fast because the line is big. I felt that was a bad idea. So I denied his offer.. STUPID I SHOULD HAVE DONE IT!! I walked back again the three large blocks, now its blazing sun and everything was getting super heavy.




I got the line wow maybe more than a couple hundred people in line. STACKED UP but I did it took about a hour but it happend. No busses though, so I paid yet another taxi to take me to Liberia, from there a bus. I made it home about 7:00 at night tired and exhausted but what a great expereience this was. I was begining to feel sick again when I got home, and from that day I have had horrible chest pains, and bronchitus.




The following day I worked on the condos and have been ever since. I finished the condos during the Earth quake which shook the whole building , swaying back and forth things rattleing and shaking. I was on the ninth floor of the building in front of the beach so it was very strong. It was located about two hours from here. No real effect here but it has devistated many areas around the quake. So Far as I know there are 20 people dead from it. I was scared inside that buidling hearing it crack and roll back and forth.. but thank god nothing bad happened.








New years:




I went with some friends, and Rossie to the Ramada. It is three new towers here in Jaco. Great Fireworks, in fact more fireworks this year all over than I have ever seen. But the Ramada was not good. No food entrance fee but nothing included, you had to pay extra for drinks and they were double what they are other places. So we didn't stay long. We ended up at Le Loft and danced some, then directly home for me. I haven't felt good the night was done for me.
The photos of the condos are on a google site called picasa,

No comments: