Saturday, January 03, 2009

Leaving Corn after Christmas on To Managua

I tried to leave the corns and its a good thing I went to the office the day before I wanted to leave. Every Flight to Managua was sold out.
They put me on the list again, and I showed up early about 7:00, flight left at 8:00. I manage to make it to Managua. The plane this time was a bit larger and actually had a walkway. Believe it or not we also got a drink and snack. The flight took about a hour, no bad storms or wind. Landed in Managua and had a really nice taxi this time take me to the bus station to find out when the bus for Jaco left. Come to find out sold out even though I had prepaid tickets. No way was I getting on. The Space was double booked. I would have to wait till the seventh of January. Ok now what??? Managua is a very busy high traffic city. I was not about to stay there over night. Ok so we talked, I went to another bus station were I asked if there were any seats available back to Jaco. Maybe but I would have to return at two and wait for a hour to see if I was able to board. Meaning lugging all my things back and forth for a couple of hours. NO, I wasn't about to do it. So in thinking we came up with and agreeable price, and he drove me to the boarder. We went past a really lovely area called San Jaun Del Sur. I decided to go ahead and spend the night there and try in the morning to Cross and find a way back to Jaco.

San Jaun Del Sur Nicaragua* take a peek at the buildings in the background click and enlarge the photo


Nicaraguan Tarde asend



I was staying up the street from the beach. This was from the front of the two story new building I spent two days there.



Nicaraence's Repairing shoes in the open market. It covered a city block at least. It was where they sold typical products of the country. Large really good market. I found pewter, rare woods,typical masks, hammocks, loads of dried coconut, mango, papaya, baskets and reed products. Furniture, making shoes, to all sorts of artisans products. These two were doing walk up repair and they set up right on the side walk.




No comments: