Saturday, March 03, 2007

Blazing hot March

Well its getting hotter and hotter and Clint for the first time in his life has said he is miserable with the heat! that makes me laugh because he Love's the heat and the sun but this is too much he Say's! it is hot, March is very hot here and dusty, but because the world is ever changing the weather here is changing too. We had rain for the first time in March the other night at of all things the grand opening of The Tortorrici Gallery. We did the gardens with the paths and lights and statues that he creates out of metal. Soon I will have photos on here for you see. It is really spectacular! No lie its awesome! but of all nights for it to rain no one could go out to see it, then a hour into the party, when it was just gaining momentum, while Clint, Christian, I and another gal served Champagne to about 200 people the dang lights starting going off and on. This is a normal occurrence here in Costa Rica. But this was wild. No one could see the art no air con so it was stinking hot, the rain was pouring so what happened? the lights went out only on that side of the street. Bill the artist asked everyone to exit the building it was a bit cooler out and the rain subsided for a while. So I continued to serve, while Christian lit the candles, Clint talked to people and the party went on. Although no one could see a thing the people stayed for more than two hours.

I had prepared a beautiful display of cheeses and fruits abound in he center of the gallery, but it was so hot that the cheese all melted in a cluster after a hour or so. People still ate and wandered about in the candle light. Actually it was kinda fun and romantic, but still disappointing that so many people were there and could not see Bill's genius art or the fabulous exhibition garden we worked so hard on... But they will come back and in time people will know who we are.

This week was filled with hard work, physical work to finish the garden for the opening. Christian and I are getting to know each other better, and it is a nice situation. Although he is young he has an old soul. He was a great help that night, and Clint and him get along very well, he loves to tease Clint, and aggravate him which makes me laugh. Someone to torment him like he use to torment others!
I am meeting some really cool people lately, finding that my friendship's here are good. I am happy, and feel like for the first time in my life at peace with things. I miss the kids, but this is very healthy for me, and I have worked so hard all my life, still am, but at least I get some joy out of doing fun things here and traveling a little.

I still have Issues with MACAW, they are very difficult people, four men are the owners, and they are trying desperately to weasel out of paying us what they owe for the hard work we have done on these condos. SCANDALOUS I say.. But I know I am going to conquer this. I believe in my heart that when you work and someone hires you to do a job, you try your best to satisfy them... I seriously have tried my absolute best... yet the administrator is finding new faults constantly. Generally in the past when someone does not want to pay its because they have either spent the money or over spent, or didn't have the money. I have really good photos of this place so I will display this and let others make the judgement of the work and see if we are worthy to be paid?
Say a prayer that this gets resolved...

Today is Saturday, I am alone in the office. It is kinda cloudy not cold but very warm and muggy. I have a couple in and out. Our location is good that we get lots of people wandering just looking. I hope that in a years time we are doing so well that I can actually not worry about things.

Clint went to Manuel Antonio with someone he met recently for the weekend. First time in ages that I will be alone.. but I just got a call from a friend asking me to go to Puriscal to a beautiful National Park, so I think I am going to go... It will be a good relaxing time, and a time of peace. I think were going to spend the night. Be looking for the photos.

I have found this beautiful Wood, it actually grows were I am going its purple, really purple. Now I have access to this to sell it. It's costly but nothing like in the states. It is a rare wood, but I have a Friend who lives there and his family grows it. It is called Nazareno, if anyone is interested please email me and I can send you information photos and prices of the wood. It is used for fine furnishing, or in the states I have seen in a friend of my Linda and Herb's house in the floor as a decorative accent. But here its not as expensive so they use it for cabinets, or furniture. It truly is purple. I would love to have it in my home when I build.

I am sitting here playing all sorts of music from lime wire and its so fun people walk by and think this is bar the music if you know me is loud! I wonder sometimes how I can be my age and be so young inside? I love music and love it loud... love to dance and be free.. I really like lots of different types too so it makes it really interesting! I have a good list now.. Have a good weekend! Pura Vida

No comments: