Wednesday, September 06, 2006

UPDATE

Well the reason I have not updated the blog was my apartament was robbed and many things were stolen the most important was my computer. It was an HP pentium laptop. I very expensive one with many years of work in it, many photos of the freinds family and my past. So many things. I cried alot in the past week, its been extremely difficult to function in business, not to mention no contact with the world outside of Costa Rica.

I was out with my clients Friends in the evening when this happened, Tony and Keith. My Tony was out with his buddies for the night. Who would have known that they would come and take all our things?

I have recovered now, still do not have a computer, dont know when I will but I have to say that -people have been especially nice to me since. The guys Tony and Keith gave us a nice gift today through Luis, and Sylvia, two hundred dollars and I split it with My Tony, since some of this nice things were taken also.

Since this time, I took a couple of days and went to the Carribean side of Costa Rica, we were suppose to have a meeting with one of my furniture makers near Limon. We went on Sunday with Three Amercians I just met, David ,Jadeda, and Tony Silva My Manager. We drove and saw the most scenic sights, Waterfalls, beautiful mountians, strawberry fields, coffee fields and fog filled lofty mountian sides. So many waterfalls, so many lovely sights that most the tourists never ever get to see. What a wonderfull time of refreshing. We a stopped at this botanical Garden and waterfall area, but David was being angry so we continued on the road to Limon. Tony wanted to drive so he took over and showed us all around. It was the best!

Through the rolling hills with intermitant palms and tropical plants, my eyes were filled with joy and enjoyment of the beauty of this country. How could someone not want to come here and see this place that I now live and try to not be angry with.

This day of liberty for me made me forget how horrible I felt most of the week. It made me realize that in life there is so much more than the material things we all possess. As we got closer to Davids Wifes familys ranch it became more and more beautiful the country was filled with bamboo, rivers, and many many palms. Lots and lots of Pineapple fields and many palmito fields.This is hearts of palm orchards that are loaded with young palms that are harvested in order to have the tender young meat of the palm.
Beautiful fields wow I was in awe now of this side of the country, although poverty is really prevelant there.

Riding though unpaved roads with only rocks for the payment, we rode for maybe a half hour to Jadedas moms and dads house located in the country across rivers and and farms. lots Of bulls and many many orchards.
Wow I was so happy to be out and about and seeing nature.

1 comment:

TicaMacha said...

Hope you're back in the saddle again soon. Teri