Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Waiting for photos


I been working on the place, its really coming along. I also was helping a new owner of a hotel and restaurant yesterday in selecting all the items for the new dinning areas. I spent the whole day in San Jose with Diego and Brian. He is the owner of the hotel.
Its located near my first Apartment when I came to Jaco. Actually he remembered me back then he use to eat the Soda Almistad and saw me in the balcony when I was stranded for months with a broken leg. He recalled me sitting with my foot elevated looking down at all the people eating at the busy little soda. Funny the world is small.
I enjoyed my day yesterday although the pay was hardly nothing if that. They want me to chef in the Restuarant, but the pay is so mimimal, and its not air conditioned. Its poolside which would be fun in some cases. But I am not sure yet. I need to make enough to exsist... Although he really does feel good about me. I helped so much yesterday... well not all men but most are not good when it comes to shopping. He had in his mind that we would finish is a couple of hours. But MY GOD ITS FOR A RESTUARANT!! and its not that easy to get around here. PLUS there are few places to buy product. We don't have Target, or Wal mart or any places where you can just go and get cheap items. You have to hunt and you have to be smart about bargining. WHICH I AM!! so I did alot of talking and alot of hunting to find what he wanted.
His chaufer picked me up at 6:30 am, we drove to San Jose to a place called the White house , which was where he spent the night from Flying in from California I believe. We then went to Multi plaza mall for something eat quickly. Breakfast at 9:30 the traffic was horrible hours in that and riding the mountain then finally! Then to the the Alyiss, where we bought things for the location. Pequano mundo, more.. then finally one more Alyiss. I manage to get a few things for myself for the apartment. I white carpet for the black bathroom, flowers, vase, twisted twigs, sheets, and a pretty dress.
Not much money really... After the ride home we had coffee on the mountain top where I love to stop and just enjoyed the view. Not the same Mountain I took Ted and Jimmy this is the one on the way to Jaco. But soon that spectacular view, and ever winding road is about to be done with. I noticed yesterday they are about to finish the Freeway from San Jose to here. Which means instead of taking two and half hours, it will cut it to 45 minutes. Wow this is going to change things here. Honestly I was a little sad to see that, I really have grown to enjoy that ride, its so different everytime I pass I see something new something beautiful. But I think when I am not in hurry to go to San Jose I take that road, coming back the freeway. Sometimes in life I believe we should take time, to see or enjoy. People rush to much, Yes I know what some one may be thinking yeah right! but really what does it hurt for you to stop once in a while and really enjoy something?
Right now I am waiting for a CD of photos that Ted has to send me of the tour. I want badly to post them so others can see how beautiful things are, and what a nice time we had... Who knows maybe someone who is coming here reads this and wants my help! I would be willing to be a guide anytime! So stay in touch.
Happy Thanks Giving to those who live in USA, to my friends in Europe Send a note soon! Canada Hello... and all the others have a great week. Tomorrow I am going to an American Celebration of Thanksgiving, should be interesting, a Tico is cooking the Turkey, not many Turkeys here.. ( I miss cooking Turkeys I did make some really good ones)

No comments: