Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Roadway from my place to town
This is the road I was talking about, I have country yet I am right down town see another new tower?

This is near my apartment


You can see the new tower being built, the mountain is Miros the older man I talked about he owns the whole mountain.



This is where I lay on the beach, the area is called Copa Cabana




The river next to my apartment, you can see how mixed it is lots of rain its rushing pretty hard right now





The view from my bedroom window, in an evening storm if you enlarge you can see the rain forest as the mist covers the mountain sides.






Been working on the internet, getting some good responses. I have had a nice weekend. Relaxed and some fun involved.







I spent last night for the first time in along time with Rossie, we had sodas and chit chatted watched the Transvestes, walk back and forth and laughed alot. I walked home about 12:00 at night its only 5 blocks or more to my place, not far.







It was so cool last night, really nice walking home. We had a late afternoon tropical rain that cooled it down tremendously. So sleeping was easy last night no fan needed.







I am finding I can not sleep with the air conditioning, it makes me sick in the morning. I am now so adjusted to the weather, the climate that I feel much better with only a fan.







We have had some really nice days, Sunny and then in the afternoon rain.







I talked about the mahi mahi I had, well I made Ceviche and wow it is so dang good!







This is how you make it.





Cut Mahi mahi or Marlin in small cubes.





Add red bell pepper diced fine





white onions or yellow onions diced fine





Celantro diced fine




Salt







Lemon juice from real lemons two to three depending on the amount of fish







Orange juice enough to cover the ingredients or







Ginger ale.







Let it sit over night, actually a few hours its ready but the next day is best.







Spoon into a small cup or bowl, use crackers to eat with it and top it with a cut up avocado. I like tortilla chips to eat with it, but not much. Because the ceviche is so good, the chips is only an accompanyment.







It is easy and really good for you.







In the summer with a cold beer wow it really is excellent!







Other than that, I worked on a painting yesterday for about five hours, trying to be peacefull, but the kids were out of school for some reason and the workers on the building were using machines. So it was loud But I did see five Toucans in the morning in the tree above my bedroom window. I always know when they are around. The make a certain churping noise that is very distinct. So I watched them for a few minutes as they flew from one tree to another. There beaks are so huge that its a slow flight so you get a good look at them. This are the small ones with bright green and yellow on the wings, the body is black and of course the bright yellow bill.



1 comment:

viejo locutor said...

Hola Marianna,

Steve here in Florida, Bill T's brother. Glad you're back in CR. Can you tell me please, what an apartment like yours is going for now in Jacó? It's nice!

bye for now,
let me know, things are getting too crazy here.

Steve T