Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Semana Santa Penthouse party

It Is Semana Santa... English translation Week of the saints, but really its Easter Week. The whole town the whole country shuts down after today. No public offices,no main businesses, no clubs no bars and no offices.

The people stock up on things and spend there time resting and cooking for the week. I my self have nothing to do... were not working there just isn't any people around the mall, so why be here all day and run the power and air?.. The town is pretty busy actually, lots of people walking around.

Last night we were invited to a penthouse party, the vista Mar one of the tallest buildings in Jaco sitting half a block off the beach. We went met some people watched the Sunset and drank some champagne, and ate some caviar.. A little over the top for me, since I have been eating mostly Costa Rica food or my own mix of Italian, Chinese and other various types of cooking I am fully capable of... So Caviar was a bit extravagant for me.

I really do not like it to be honest, I have tried it many times but this was really salty and not yummy to me. The view from up there was Divine, I loved the 360 views of the beach the jungle and the mountains behind.

After an hour we went to Rosie's and hung out, ate dinner and drank Caiparinas.. watched the crowds walk by and commented like most people do! it was fun. Rosie and I enjoy each other company. I was a little bit down because my friend Christian had promised to see me do something with me but he never called, yet at 11:00 in the night he texts me "Hope your having a good night and good night to you.." WHATEVER!!! first I was angry then I thought oh well he could have blown me off entirely.. I don't understand Men of any age! Today he leaves again we have not seen but one hour of each other this week. And its not because he is busy.

Anyway Rosie and I had fun, she closes at one am in the morning her little coffee shop, we walked across the way and went to the Monkey bar for a hour to see what people were in there. I danced like five songs then we left. It was late I was tired and so was Rosie. Today everything as I said closes so this should be interesting to see what people are going to do?

I bought a for sale sign for the car, I am going to sell it and try to buy a little pickup. I Really want a Toyota Hilux double cab but there spendyhere... Maybe I can find a used one a couple years old? I need to get a truck necessary for the type of work.

I had a guy last night ask me to give him four bids for landscape so maybe the clouds are parting and things will turn around here real soon? I sure hope so. I can not take more of this depression. Although I try to be happy it hangs on me, and I smile but inside it is hurting bad. Worrying about what is to come, with all areas of my life???

Each day I wake up and realize I am still here??so there must be some purpose to this life!

No comments: