Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tuesday thru Thursday

The weekend was a bit hectic on Saturday, being in about five places at once… but as soon as I finished the flowers for a grand opening for a restaurant here called Ink Grill.
I thought the day was over, when I received call from one of my suppliers saying they finally delivered their product for a job that has been a royal pain in the coolooo… I was happy and mad at the same time, Since I waited all day for this call and now that I was hoping I was done they finally showed.
The hassle they presented me after they installed was even worse. Ridiculous Maderas Culaveras. I in fact will never do business again with this company. They manage to get the product right after three tries and many arguments, the headache they gave me was not worth the wait.
It was hot and humid and I was exhausted from being all over that day, not excluding producing all the décor for that party.
I went home refreshed and got all dressed up to attend the party at Inca near my office in fact its in the same area.

Clint and I opened our doors cranked up the music and invited the on lookers in! we had so many people come in was so fun!
We managed to attain a couple of new leads and some new friends.
We ate drank, and listen to beautiful Peruvian music live, with singers too!
Later we stopped by Rosie's place on the main road of Jaco and had some conversation with a couple of regulars there. We then proceeded to the Monkey bar and danced and talked to a whole group of people that are my friends. They all decided to go after closing which was at 2:00 am to Pacho Villas, for more dancing.. Until 4:30 am. Wow I was a dance freaking machine.

I was shocked at the amount of people there and the amount of men who knew who I was and asked to dance with me… I love to dance it is great exercise and certainly is a lot of fun!
The next day which was Sunday I got up about 8:00 and went to the job site I have been working on, to see if my workers were doing there job, yes they were there. Cute little Nicaraguans working away in the heat.. I felt sad but I know they enjoy and work very hard. I talked to them for a few ran to the office to check mail and write my son. Then I went back to eat at Diegos, talk to him for a few then picked up Clint and we drove to Esterillos, to lay on the beach and collect shell’s.

It was so dang hot I could hardly stand it, although Clint laid and enjoyed, while I sweated and burned and decided to go in the sea. The tide was really out there were lots of tide pools and water was so hot it was like a hot bath. But more refreshing than sitting in the sun.
So I found a hole that was about waist deep so I sat and just enjoyed the clear water and dug in the sand finding all sorts of shells exactly where I sat. Lots of people were doing the same thing some lovers were in the water, hugging and kissing it was nice to see all the people enjoying the day.
Later on towards sunset we walked the beach as we have been doing on Sundays, and Collected more shells. We usually eat at this place right on the beach, but this day I thought it would be different to go up the street that ends on the beach and try one of the places which there are four, So we walked almost to the farthest one, and stopped. When we saw out of now where my friend Rocio, she worked with St Regis, and now is no longer with them.

We were amazed that we were far away, and the only person in the place was her and Clint and I. We had a nice dinner together, Clint had the frutas del mar, with arroz and I had the Langosta and mariscos. Shrimp and lobster. Mine was 12 bucks total with a full dinner and a lobster, the lobsters are little and spinny but delicious! Clint's was excellent.. It was a nice night we then walked back in the dark next to the sea and drove home.
What a nice way to end the week and refresh for the up coming week.
This week not so hectic thank God, and I actually have someone who many be interested in me for the first time sincerely in a long time. I won’t go into detail yet, as I really do not want to get to excited and jinx the thing! But it may be a good valentines once again. The day will tell….
The whole week seems to be good with the exception of Racsa cutting off my Internet because of lack of system and billing. The fight now is on going with them for Two days to get them to return the service, I think I have talked to about 20 people so far and everyone has a different excuse for why the service is not on. Talk about Frustrating!!!! I have no plans for the week although I may go to Puriscal to visit and ride horses. I had an invitation to go, but if it happens that is another thing.
Clint leaves in three weeks, he is fretting over it… not sure how to handle coming back alone or dealing with his issues in the states. But I think he will return since his friend bought him a ticket already to come back. Besides I need him here badly.
Clint and I are still seeing some of the results of Tony’s bad judgment on a couple of our jobs, in fact one of the vendors I used with him got the manager and fired him over what went down with me and the amount of money that I spent with them. and I am sure he will continue to do the same thing with whom ever he works with. I found out that he manipulated me in several areas without me really understanding. Thank God for Clint, making me more aware of the situation and opening up my eyes to what was really happening. Not including his promiscuity, the got me in trouble with a client. Ya live and learn about people don’t you???

Now we had Eduardo, he is Tico, but lived in England for a number of years. He is trying to do a good job but not really knowing how this business work’s make it difficult for him to understand all the issues and angles.

Also I have Johnathan who is a tico who speaks perfect English as well, but is rasta, hair that is a mess.. And well I am so freaked some times that I have to bite my tongue and not say what I really think. Although this is the only thing I find is an issue with him.. If would cut that he would be so handsome and so cute! He is a very talented young man about the age of 28 to 30, he is a great Internet website designer and he is redoing mine and as soon as it gets installed you will see why I say he is talented. He has a natural ability to work on the computers. He really does great things, and a wonderful photographer, It is so nice to have him work with us, and take care of the system here.

There is another Johnathan he lives in San Jose, and does my programs for the video screen, young about 28 also and they both know each other.

Then there is Brian a young dark tiny tico very handsome about 19, who helps us with installs now and then.n Real surfer dude, a groovy sort of guy he describes himself as. Brian also does DJ and in fact hes pretty darn good. I have been to several different functions where he was Djing and the music was really good.

Then there is Freddy, Grady and Gringo. They do electrical, Tile, and Pluming for me.. I want to think of them as the three stooges, Freddy being Larry, Gringo is Curly, and Grady as Moe kinda, Actually Grady is much nicer and better looking but he has control of the situations generally.. Fun Guys I love them. They call me the Buena Hefa.. the padrona (good boss lady.)

And now I have Adonis, the security guard who is a pool expert who is helping with one of our clients houses.

And Hamilton, he is our gardener, he plants all the gardens we are now working on with two other guys. I have the feeling if we continue doing landscape designs Hamilton a nica will be the boss over the guys he seems to like authority, and follows my instructions well. He has s beautiful smile. He is very dark skinned, about 34 year’s old and has lots of experience in the garden. It is his passion, has a great personality too. I really like him he makes me laugh all the time says crazy things and has such a good attitude about life, even though he is very poor and works hard as ever. He enjoys people and life.
Maybe much to learn from him??

Well that
is about all about the folks who are working with me now, We have not seen Juan Carlos the attorney in about four weeks, so I have no idea where he is. He works in the office too but has not for some time.
Today is Valentines day, So far I have had nothing but headaches with RACSA that is our Internet provider for the country. BAD BAD BAD... no service and well its a total monopoly. They never send bills, no notices, your suppose to remember to pay them weather you owe a dollar or 400 doesn't matter they shut off the service with out notice. You have to pay the cable company for the service and Racsa for the service as well. It is very hard to explain to the Normal American but I am sure the Ticos here understand. I don't and you do not know when the payment is due. Complex situation, is all I can say.

Well today is Thursday, I had a nice evening after all, I had a valentines, and he came and visited me and took me to Mata Platano.. with Clint of all things??? but it was fun we danced and met up with Eida my old friend here that I met from the very beginning Joey and Her and the girls and a few other people. Nice night, we all enjoyed the live music. I gave Clint and Ed, and My Valentines all Valentines, but not one gave me any?
This is beginning to have some sort of pattern here LOL I like to give but it would be nice once in a while to get something???? Don't ya think?

Today was hot and I worked along side of the Nica's who are installing this garden. I ran around getting supplies for Freddy and Gringo, got food for everyone, and then came to the office to write copy for a publication here in Jaco.
It is a new thing I am doing. Its a commentary on fun places to go, good restaurants, interesting things to see, home and garden advice.
A couple of hours of typing was spent on that then I rushed around again and helped the crew on the job site. Clint actually worked the site with the guys shoveling and planting. The sun was blazing hot but we did get a bit of a retrieve from some clouds and of all things it rained tonight. Very unusual for this time of year, but I was so happy because the plants were in shock from the heat and this may have really helped the installation! yeah!

I picked up Clint, the guys were still working it was almost dark, he was starving as usual!!! has to eat ten times a day but this time it was well deserved he worked so hard and was starving.. So We went and got him a hamburgesa, and papas fritas. Then I decided to buy all the guys working Hamburgers and fries. We took it back to them and they sure were happy.

We went back to house I showered and changed and came back to the office. It is now around 8:25 I am doing the blog and other things and waiting for my Valentine to show, he called and said he was coming so I have music playing and just hanging out. The rain is coming down but it is very hot actually it feels good a small relief from the heat we have been experiencing the past few weeks.

In the morning I have to be in San Jose again to do another landscape job for the owners of Diasa, a company I have been trying to join up with. The owner is coming back from Brazil today so I hope that this weekend the job will be done and I can negotiate some sort of deal with him on the marketing end.

Bright and Early I leave up the winding mountain roads

No comments: