Monday, March 28, 2011

SINGLE IN CENTRAL AMERICA

Yesterday I spoke a little about the life adjustments here in USA. I guess what your wondering is, how is it that someone who lived in USA most of there lives, moves away, with out knowing anyone virtually, begins a life in a semi third world country, goes on tons of different adventures, and can not get back into the life that she once had ITS NOT EASY, you become adjusted to a completely different life style,Food adjustments, its not traditional or easy I would say, but I always have been a bit different, Maybe you could? I love adventure now, and the thought of being stagnet with out a social circle, nor transportation, nor mounds of money in USA makes the whole world of difference in being able to transend into the old way of life here.It feels virtually impossible. Being Single in Central America was not hard at all, first the men are much more agressive than they are in USA where I lived, I mean I was out in the public in USA in Vancouver Washington, worked in big hotels, and golf clubs, social clubs, and went out occassionally. Never did men look or even talk to me. But there I would be walking down the street, mind you I got tan, had dark hair so they knew I was not a tica but thought perhaps Columbiana, or Argentinan, or some other latin country. They would smile, greet you, sometimes if they saw me more than once in one day would flirt.The community of women were generally nice and friendly, I met couples married and unmarried, in the years of living there did have a nice base of people I knew and did a few things with. But being single is much more difficult to mix with groups than being a couple. I had my friend Rossy, and Cristina, Eida, Helen, Orfa, Carolina, Pili, and a few more, and Carlos, Jonathan, Luis diego, Carton, Tom, And so many more. In comparisons to here: I lived in Vancouver Washington for 11 years, I had only a small number of friends, not many did I ever go out with except some of the jazzercise girls, So what I am saying that in that 11 years I had two or so friends. Single was so tough, Central America much easier. I brought my wieght down by more excerise, Walking is the thing you do, swimming, and of course the heat helps keep wieght down as well. I moved from Jaco beach because of the crime, the putas, and the drug dealers became so violent that it was actually a part of my life. They came after me in a couple of incidents, because I was a witness to a robbery in my own home. I caught two of the major Drug dealers waiting outside my house while a whole gaggle of thieves ravaged my home. It became obvious they were threatening me, and I had no defense. Work slowed as the economy became dead, and I saw the handwriting on the wall and made a move to Roatan where another friend of mine from Jaco moved to open an Ice cream business. I took A gay friend of mine Clint who worked for me for years. It was an easy transition, latin america mixed with tons of Other cultures. In that 7 months in being in Roatan I had a huge circle of friends, who now talk to me weekly and some even daily on line. THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN HERE. Now mind you feeling sorry for myself is really hard to admit, but I think its more like kicking my self in the ass that I made a move to isolate myself with out realizing how difficult this was going to be. I am working for a friend, doing social media, in an office where no one else is around, its in a place that is industrial but hardly anyone around to met period! I am with out car, but the weather here is COLD COLD COLD AND ITS MARCH! still have not had any sun this month, and since I been here for the past three months I only recall four days of sun. TALK ABOUT DEPRESSING! It would be different if I was located in a city where I could go a near by coffee shop and sit, or hang out somewhere, but there is nothing around here. I think if your single and you have guts, and you are not afraid of having a beautiful time then try it. I think I should write a book on Leaving called LEAVING thats it. And I explain how one gets a point where the know its time to leave, I mean you could apply this to relationships I suppose as well. The only thing is, I do have two sons and a grandson. 1. Older son is very busy and has a huge circle of friends, I am happy for him and now a new girlfriend so the social life is good. BUT WHO WANTS THERE MOTHER AROUND ? ask your self this, would you want your mom living with you at age 35? I think its wrong I enjoy my son and his new love, but I just don't think this works, ( if I had the cash I would get a small place but I don't at the moment) 2. Second Son, tied into an emotional roller coaster relationship with an older woman, not a good situation and our communication is very little. HE HAS NO PHONE she controls all the contact. 3. Grandson is adorable but then again, I have only seen him on weds when I am to watch him simply because they are working the other grandma has him and its not really easy for me to get there or around. Life was hard in some respect's in the tropics, I missed the kids, but how do I ever get back into the life style here? I miss my clothes, I have few here, I miss the food, I miss the sun, the dancing, the people, the walking, the swimming and of course the peace. Stress was not a part of my life, and now it is.

No comments: