Friday, February 13, 2009

CELL PHONE DELIMAS

AS many times as I have writen on here and stated that simple things here present themselves to be the most difficult, it seems that people just don't understand. Asumeing that Its like USA and its not. When it comes to Cell phones this is a major delima.
Lets go back to when I returned to Costa Rica in Sept. I made an application for a new cell phone at ICE, ICE is a Monopoly business run by the government. It is Lights, power, Cell, Phone, Water, and now Internet. You can not just go to a store and buy a phone and have the service of your choice. ICE IS THE CHOICE. So you make application and wait.....and wait..... and wait.. I have waited some six months for my cell phone. Every week I go and ask if the line is ready. Always the answer is next week. Ok I say I have become acoustume to the ways of Costa Rica, Much more patient that I use to be about ridiculous situations that could be so easy.

I leave thinking well I have lived this long with out whats another week. Finally the other day I was on my way to take photos of the condos new draperies that were installed. I decided to stop and I had all my paper work with me. Here to obtain a cell phone you must be a resident, or have incorporation in a company, meaning you have invested money in business, or tag onto another persons line who is a resident( which is what I did last time and that was bad). So I made my application according to my incorporation. Which was completly fine in Sept.
Ok so walking I thought let me stop maybe the line is ready. I go in wait my turn, then ask YES ITS READY!!!! YEAH!!! finally!!! ok I hand my papers over, they look them over carefully ask for passport idetifications and more. I have it all. In looking again he notices that the Incoporation was invalid as of Dec.. WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! oh crap.. ok so you don't get your line! What???????? yes ok we have an argument I mean I blew up.. I was about ready to tear this guy up. I told him to renew my papers was costly why didn't back date the application? Ok now its complicated again. I had to find an Attorney here to renew the incorporation. That costs, its not free.. I do it have in five hours sent via fax from San jose go back to ICE right before closing with cell phone in hand that I bought in USA while I visited. He puts the chip in, puts the new pin from this chip, the phone says BLOCKED.... WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT??? ok god what else? He said it was blocked T moble in USA. They do something to the phone so that you can not use another service provider unless you unblock it. DAMN I went every where asking places if they knew someone who could unblock it. Here Cell phones Microwaves electronics are not cheap and not everywhere like in the states. HARD TO FIND GOOD ONES AND WHEN YOU EXPENSIVE!! ok can you say FRUSTRATION?

Well ok I let it pass that night, trying to get on line and find out information only to find out no internet for two days. Almost three days with no internet, making it impossible to resolve this.

Ok so Yesterday I spent most of my day looking up the restriction code online. THERE IS NO ANSWER I tried to chat many times but the site kept saying no agents available.. one Time I got someone she said yes she would send me the code, and said I must pay a refill in order to get it sent to me, Not MAKING SENSE, because I can not pay on the internet, the sites in USA do not accept International cards, nor accept my email name.. and why would I pay for a refill when the chip is a different country, meaning I wouldn't use the refill anyway? We continued chatting, then the internet cut off..LOST!! for god sakes.. how difficult can it be to get a cell phone?
Now I have two phones one from Spain same situation blocked, vodafone, and Nokia 2610 that is blocked. Sitting on my counter useless. I want to throw them as far as I can! So I suppose I have to go and buy a stinking phone here cheap again, that probably wont work half the time!!!

I contacted a couple of friends ask if they could help by contacting T moble but half the people don't know what there talking about in the T moble some say they never heard of that, some say you don't have to pay a refil, some say the phone doesnt have any block, BUT I SEE IT!!! and I read about it on the net. So who is right?

Well anyway minor things become major here. aside from that I am doing a photo shoot on Sunday for the condos so the client can rent these on the net for vacationers. Yes there is tourists here, in fact last week there so many I was happy to see that the world situation is not affecting it so much here. People are coming from all over the world to relax, and enjoy life.. because it is short. YOU CANT TAKE IT WITH YOU..
Today its very nice breezy and hot, I plan on going to Orotina I was going to go to San Jose but work up with a head ache and decided it best not to go today.
ON to what the day has for me...

No comments: