Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The weekend in USA

Been working for the http://www.northwestfoodandwine.com/ doing media contact, and odds and ends work for the owners. Its been a blessing to say the least.

While I have been here in the USA I had made an attempt to live with my son, it wasn't such a good idea. I decided it was best to be independent. So things are OK with me living in a quiet place where I am not a bother to them. The other son has his hands full and I can see where my mothering job, is no longer needed at all. Maybe some day they will feel they want to have a relationship with me once again. But until then I am out of service, out of the way. YOU MIGHT SAY no longer in service at this time. But both know how to reach me, should they want to. Even with many phone calls, and kind words, Still they have no idea how .



Things here have been so peaceful. This weekend was the second weekend since I have been here since July that was quiet and tranquil, without drama or pain.



This week began with a job interview for a law firm in Portland for a personal chef for fifty people who work in this office. The interview was a joke, an insult to my experience. But I smiled and gracefully left with Gaul in my throat to think that I may have to live here and be subjected to work for a company who would actually put you in servitude. Later My boss who took me to the interview, went to a chocolate company and we sampled some strange but delicious concoctions, as a inspiration for a new idea I have. We ate lunch and discussed her future and mine. I shared with her how I longed to be back in Tropical climates, and that the thought of me living through the cold and dreary winters here would change my whole persona, and it could be a seriously deadly situation for me. I do not do well in this climate.



I shared with her about a position I had applied for, with the hopes that I would be hired. We had a very nice week, she is definitely patient with me constantly talking about my children, how I feel, and my desire to be doing something that I love.

She invited me along with her husband and couple of there friends to the beach this past weekend, to take some time away and enjoy nothing but friends and good food and wine.

We had a great time!

The house sits on a lake filled with fuchsia water Lillie's that were in full bloom, the cut out horizon from the living room window looked allot like a Hallmark card. A winding Japanese trail with bridges,surrounded by lots of foliage, flowers and trees were engulfing the grounds, near the lake. It was magical, and beautiful. The lake was filled with birds, Sea gulls as the Beach was less than a block on the other side of the lake. Pelicans dove and fished, and swarmed the lake from time to time.

In the air above were flocks of geese, and mallards, and I was told that Elk walk the grounds daily, although I didn't have the opportunity to see one.



We walked, and visited nearby neighbors, and went on a tour of the neighbors green house that had an exotic collection of succulents, ands seedums. Also some tropical plants that made me reflect about jungles that I had the pleasure of experiencing some months back.
We did long walks on the clean beaches,the differences to me were the chilly winds, and the cold waters. But the similarities of the vistas were very much the same. We ate great food and laughed, danced and sang. We watched the sound of music two nights in a row, making it brand new with a lovely little girl that was visiting for the first time to the beach house.

It was a great weekend, we ended at noon, and returned to Portland. In the evening we went and had a pedicure, and didn't talk much, but had a great dinner at a restaurant on the waterfront in Portland called "Thirst".
We did an annual Clam and lobster bake that was scrumptious . Shared with Sharon, Joe ( my jazzercise friend and her husband) and Tina and her Husband Chris. I will mark this as a special memory, with good friends.

This week will be short, As today was a holiday. I wonder what adventures I will encounter as the week progresses?

No comments: