Sunday, September 28, 2008

Over the Weekend Sunshine and Rain

I been doing a whole lot of nothing, except walking trying to find a place to live. I went one day to the la ferritera, the Fruit market that is outdoors on Friday. Something like a flea market with Fruits. I would show pictures but I some how misplaced my adaptor for the chip. I believe I left it in the USA and here it runs about $50 dollars. So for now I must descride it as best I can. It is now in the end of the town secluded in a dirt area. I walked after going to the Western Union, to pick up some money that I worked for but it was not there. So I decided to walk farther and go buy some memonies, and jacotes. These two fruits are really undescribable but I am going to try. One is like a sea urchine outside its bright red, has little tenicles but soft tenicles and in the inside it is white and gelly textured, the shape is like an eye ball. But its so flavorfull, I can eat big amounts of these. The chinese call these lychee. The Jacotes are green small tiny avocado shaped, some are yellow or redish orange when they become ripened. The texture inside is strange you have to aquire a taste for them. With salt very good, almost milky when you bite into them.They have a huge pit similar shape to the avocado but its not the same texture or flavor at all. Its a strange one but I enjoy it very much
I have gone to the beach three times and enjoyed the sun and the water swimming some and laying in the warm sand enjoying the sunlight. At night I hang out at Rossy's because I am staying above in a small space for the time being. I really don't have a place to rest at the moment. So I meet people and wait for closing.

The town is a little bit more active this week, simply because there constructing a new park across the way from the coffee shop, and there are new owners of the Monkey bar across the street. This is a hot spot in town, a sort of point of direction for people. Everyone in San Jose knows where this place is. Here they dont have addresses or mail sent to the houses so they use directions. Sign posts, palm trees, buildings.

So new owners are from the USA and are remodling a little. I have done some consulting, but not enough to pay me well.
I am looking for work, but enjoying the area once again. Today of all things, I met a tourist some four days ago from Germany, This tourist invited me to take a ride to Esterillos, wanted to know the areas. So I acted as a guide today and manage to go with two of my friends who live here. We all had a really enjoyable time, the beach there is really nice such a paradise, and the mermaid in the sea is always fun to see when the tide goes down. She is almost invisable when the tide is high. But as it subsides she apears. Surrounded by subtle rock formations its one of the only statues I can recall seeing in the country.

It was nice for a few hours, we ate ribs and patacones, drank two mechiladas then all went for a long walk on the endless beach that Esterillos has.
I saw the house that I did some months back. The Garden looks in very bad shape, they have not kept it up, the lawn was yellow and grow over many things. Sad because We put so much work into it. The surrounding areas were very nice. I saw a house there that was for sale that was very cool. Wouldn't I love to live there Since Esterillios is my favorite area? I dreamed about and some day who knows? Anything can happen.
I was greatfull to be enjoying life and with out cares, only listening to the waves and walking swimming in the warm waters, and not worring about my simple problems.
Felt so nice to be released from the chains of fear and worry of where to live for a few hours. Then the rain came, We all got DRENCHED but it was not cold so it wasn't so bad besides I just got out of the ocean and water was warm as could be.
I saw a few fish flipping through the waves as I got out of the water. Don't know if was mata rays or fish but this area is fish readily.

Tomorrow I hope I find a place, I am thinking I may go into San Jose on the bus and check out a few things.
Life is good , I have my health my mind is sound, and I seem to be happy regardless of the lack.
Eating fresh and feeling better about things.

No comments: