Monday, June 23, 2008

Not to much exciting going on

Esto es, Miradorres this is a look out tower, for pirates. they are all over the Island
Yactes en de marina




Juliano en Nov



Centro Puerto Ibiza


Centro puerto Ibiza


I been working on my business cards so that people know all I am capable of, On the front it has a dancer, its black with orange. It looks super nice, on the back a list of all the possiblities of types of work I can do. I have people say its a great card, now hopefully soon someone will hire me to do something!! I have been Cleaning that one house, its not my idea but its a little cash.






Other than that I walked a bit last week, in town searching for new places, and jobs, and materials that I needed. I helped Cathy a couple of times in the garden. I found out her name is really Catalina, she is a wonderful person. Adoring, kind, I never see her uphappy, and she is so giving. She makes me eat with them constantly, she worries I won't eat if she doesnt invite me. Its nice really I am happy that they like me. The Grandmother is funny, a real character, Ivan is in love with me the baby... he can not stay out of my apartment. He climbs in my bed too.. its so cute.




I bought him a little tooth brush, because he loves to get one of mine and try to brush his teeth, So now he has one in the drawer here to use. He loves to open the drawers and eat what I have in the kitchen too. I let him do whatever he wants. He is adorable. Really makes me miss Julian








I met with the zoo project, On Sat, it was there Inaugaration party for the events for the Summer. The producer called to come and see it, talk with him a moment and then we would discuss a job. I went it was expensive to get in, the door fee was 80 euros, I didn't have to pay of course I was invited only to view.




It was in a super cool place the old zoo, renovated with Swimming pools and now areas for dancing and bands, chill out areas, and huge mile long bbq. I just so happen to meet the owner of the Zoo, Funny all those people and I run into the owner, actually talk with him for a while he invited me for a drink. We walked the property and discussed what they do, and how it was formed, then he talked with me about what I do. He was interested in the Belly dancing of course.




So he said come on Monday I have a group from Austria and you can dance. I will present you to them, but it is not paid by me, maybe they will want to only do tips but I will talk with them.



I was happy that is a start, the location is really great.

Today, my rent is due, I have most of it, but my money is dwindling fast. I am concerned, but I seem to be peacefull here. I am gratefull for Cathy, and my quiet life so far. Also I need to find some music for this afternoon. Today is Also Cathys birthday, where having a small celebration later.I bought her a pair of capris, brown, and some bracelettes and earings. She really like these capris I have, so I found some just like them and hope she likes i
I wish I could do more....
I have practiced alot lately, getting better.


Last Night we all went around 10:00 to the Church on the corner, outside is a huge plaza, they had a fiesta with live music, food beer, a bouncing house for the kids, Balloons,and play ground. It was small but fun. I danced alot of course! All the children danced with me. Lots of them.. it was so fun and made my spirit feel alive! We ate some meat that was bbqed on kabobs, and some pork, with natural bread from here. Then these little doughnuts that were like my mother made from Sicily. Called Spingees, It is a potato based dough with flour, lemon, and sugar, and anise. My mind recalled memories of the past as I savored the sweet and anise flavor of these delicate little dough nuts. I am finding that many things here have the same influence as my Family cultural food and traditions.



I think that Italy had some influenence on This Island because there are many things similar, or it could be that Spain and Italy share very similar traditions.

No comments: