Saturday, December 30, 2006

For the past few days I have tried about ten times to post the computer or the internet keeps kicking it out lets see if it works this time.

First This week has been simply trying to run the office with out the plasmas correctly installed and our system not fixed yet. Although I have called and called to get someone to do it no no has. Things here are very difficult to get accomplished you wait and wait for someone to show they don't know or never ever show and its normal. Everyone who lives here knows the drill, but the Americans have the worst time with it.


Doing what I do is difficult the challanges to accomplish completing someones home or condos are huge. But I manage to get things done thought all the challanges. simple things are the worst challange. I decided from two days ago that from this point forward I will tell the clients all the details on how things get done, the issues I deal with and not hide a thing so they can understand and be a bit more patient with me. Because really its not all about Me! its about the people I hire to do the work.

Lost orders, never showing up, bad work redoing things over and over. but yet I manage to produce beautiful settings for these people.

The past few weeks have been hard, the frustration with Tony, the dealing with issues, and the pain I felt came directly from USA AMERICANS. The things they do and say are so harsh sometimes. Yes I realize I am one but honestly I want to be a better reflection of someone From USA and not a bad reflection. I need to work on my faults as well but some of these people who come here are just so use to having everything RIGHT NOW and not happy with much. This is tough to deal with most times but I manage to find something to make me happy.

For example the Toucans who came to visit the other day right outside my window. They were so cool sitting on the brances twisting their heads to stare, tweaking there beaks to look at me. In the early morning hours when the birds are singing and I sit and admire the beauty that surrounds me I realize how lucky I am, Although I do not have much, a small apartment not many material things. I am happy that I am here and enjoying the pleasures of this different life.

The stress I been feeeling has to leave I wanted that part of my life to end in the USA when I left it but it is true some things Follow you and become a part of your life that you can not change. I want to change that! and with Gods help I will.. I want to be less stressed and enjoy simple things.

Like the view from my front window here. At this moment I am looking out the front of the store where I see a beautiful view of the mountain filled with lush foilage jungle trees and plants. topped with Clear blue skies that are dabbled with puffy white clouds that surround the base of the mountain like a blanket. The clouds nestle them selfs around like a mist a jungle mist around the mountain sides. Its so beautiful! Then when you look out the front door you see a cross a big white cross. When I first saw this I almost cried knowing that this was a sign saying that God was here to help me and support me and be a constant strenght to me.

You can not see this Cross from any of the other locations the way you can see it from mine. ITS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DOOR like an Icon.
Don't get me Wrong I am not a holy roller, or anything like that. I do belive in God and he is a part of my life. Everyday I thank god for what I have and for his guidance. I ask for his help with my Sons and there families. AND I KNOW that with out that Faith I would not have made it through some of the most difficult trials I have had presented to me in my life. YEP there still happening but I am strong and I know that It will be good and some day the struggle will be gone.

For example yesterday. Clint could not function he was ill again. I continued early in the morning to work I mean early. I was at a clients house at 7 am, with help to repair some problem in here home. LAter I went to the hardware store then on to picking Clint up and more work. When a client walked in and Asked about ST REGIS, I offered to take them to the site. We went and when I saw the site I was in AWE!! wow just when I think I have seen the most beautiful place, once again I see another one!

Sitting on the top of mountain, Vistas for miles and miles... three sixy views of Oceans and beaches, Jungle, birds and beautiful flowers. I stood as the people talked to the sales rep, and watched them go into there own little dream. While I was in mine. I saw myself sitting in my living room on the top of the mountain. Looking at views from all sides. lots of windows in the house with a pool out front so you can cool off while gazing into the horizon at the endless sea. I saw my garden and a dog.. it was heaven even if it was for only a moment. I noticed that the people too were thinking hard about themselves on this mountain. Wow who woulnd't want to be up there living. ST REGIS Is going to be spectacular! it already is and nothing is built.

Being a part of that in a very small way is also a cool thought for me.. to be able to see it built before and after will I am sure amaze me.


I know that eventually I will be on the mountain with the pool and the kids will come and visit there mama. This is my dream... in mylife I ask for very little.. With faith and more hard work this will come too.


When I returned from St Regis site I was happy with life once again. the challanges lately have made me sad, angry bitter and upset. But that small hour in time made me realize why I came to Costa Rica, and made me understand that there is a greater power out there.. one that needs to be respected, and know that I am a part of that power.





No comments: