Friday, April 01, 2011

Weekend blahs

The weekend is here, I am in Portland Oregon and guess what? It has rained more than a month with no sun. It showed it's face last evening for about a hour too late to even enjoy it, and with out a Sunset! I miss my sunsets I love them, Its a peaceful time of the day, watching the Sun slide into the water, sometimes catching a glimpse of a green flash. It is true you can see that flash I have seen it many times. Yea sooooo, really unusual situation I am in, I have little if not any friends here in Portland. I lived here for awhile years back very tough to make friends in this miserable City, and I can say that! It was voted the 2ND most miserable City in the USA. AND I'M HERE IN IT?? God forbid! I handle my emotions here cause it makes you feel so depressed and so miserable and so alone. Tonight though the gal I am helping out Tina, who has written this great book called A Sirens Tale, is taking me to a place called Ring Side. Its a fabulous famous Old steak house but they have recently remodeled so it should be a good evening. Funny though?? she asked me last night to invite some friends.. I laughed I SAID WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? you see me everyday I'm with you every day, we are now working out doing Zumba four times a week, WHAT FRIENDS DO YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE HERE?? She said well there has to be someone you want to invite? Honestly I only have about three people here I talk to, Jon, Tina, and Barbara. But Barb was an old client, I did many events for her when she was working for Radial Larsens, Jon is a good friend and ex employee, he has his life we occasionally talk through out the years. He' is a blazers fan so I'm sure hes going to that game tonight. I think this is suppose to be a sort of birthday party for me? Although my birthday was last month its going to be celebrated this evening by the three of us.NICE So I broke out a dress I have from Central America, and some heels. It will be the first time ever wearing a dress here since I arrived almost three months ago. NO REASON I GO NO WHERE so it will feel really special tonight to be pretty! I miss the sun, its so tough to be smiling and happy in this, at least the sunlight makes you feel alive, other wise I am feeling zombieish. Those sunsets mean something to me, it as if the world says good night and you say thank you for another beautiful day. It was almost ceremonial to me, so many people would watch the sun going down. In Spain when I was there, I saw actual drummers on the beaches drumming to the sun. Pretty interesting, and it felt good to watch that, although they reminded me of latent Hippies! wearing those darn pants that looks like your carring a load. But at least they were happy and enjoyed the moments. Other than this, no plans for the weekend, Other than working on A Sirens Tale facecbook page. This is the book that Tina wrote, I am trying to help her get publicity on it and get it selling. It is quite interesting, the imagination this lady has is wild! and I love the fact that these creatures are capable of changing there forms. Check it out www.asirenstale.com FEED BACK on this and the blog is needed, I want to continue writing, hoping I get my readers back I have lots to share with you on Central America. Maybe tell you about the Copan Ruins and what I felt and saw while I was there for four days, what do you think?

No comments: