Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Beach In The Morn

Today was very calm, I slept on the Sofa last night because my bedroom these days is so hot that you can not sleep past 5:00 am. The living room is a bit darker and cooler and I usually keep the door open so a slight breeze if there is any comes in. The fan is constantly going moving back and forth the air is hot and still, even so that fan never stops. I don't rest well this past month or so way to hot. I have used the air condition but not alot because of the electrical bill it makes. So I tough it out at night, in the late afternoon if I am here I put it on, to cool down the oven of a living room. Anyway, I got up pretty early today, ate fresh strawberries and Mango mixed together, drank strong Coffee and then walked to the beach with a friend, I picked her up early she is not use to getting up so early but I just wanted to do a long walk on the beach and feel good in the fresh as it gets here early morning air. Being that it really is not that fresh at least early its not that hot. So we walked a long way she was sleepy yawning the whole time tripping over rocks while I strutted rapidly on all the fresh wet sand. The Tide was out pretty far you could see the small boats coming in. We walked all the way to the south end of Jaco. Saw three boats, fishing boats, small in size old and blue. We asked what they had today was pargo, Red snapper. I wished I had my money with me I had no idea they were loading from the beach to the trucks. Tomorrow I will go again and buy nice fish straight out of the boat. Make ceveche and fry up some. The fish here or I suppose anywhere that you get it the moment it comes out of the water taste so good. There is literally no taste to it except clean and fresh soft flesh. I like it with Garlic and butter, little of coating on it.
Then after that, We walked back and decided to just lay in the sun for a little while. She was so tired she fell alseep, I went in the water, but had a little bit of fear today. The reason for that was Sunday I was at the beach with Orhpa, Phili her daughter and Carolina her other daughter, when Joey this Gringo that lives here walked by with Susie his dog. Remember Eida? her husband. He said that he had many stings from manta rays in the island which is not far off the beach. He said there were so many out there baby ones. So When I went into the water I didn't go very far just enough to soak myself when I squatted. I came back She wokeup and said she wanted to go into but not alone. So I returned we played for maybe Fifteen minutes. She is very light skin, Me on the other hand, tan and not tender. We laid for another fifteen, untill I suggested we go. I heard a yell it was a black girl in the water with her boyfriend. They ran towards us. I asked what was wrong she said she saw a manta ray. I knew not to go back in. Although it is strange in the morning for them to be in the surf, generally you see them in the afternnoon. Feeding? and in the surf, they fly through the waves. I was a little shocked so I said lets go..
We walked back I said my good byes came back to the house folded clothes and checked to see if Internet was on. NO all day no internet untill now 5 or so oclock.
I fixed a dress, painted my toes, watched some USA NEWS depressing, wont do that again for a long while.. and then visited with her she came by and my nieghbor. They made us drinks, with Milk and vanilla all whipped up in the blender, wow was that ever good. Cold frothy and delcious. I am going to try to make it, its easy but I never thought to put Vanilla in ice and milk and mix it.

Now I am just hanging out. I do want to paint maybe tomorrow I begin a new painting. See how it turns out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures! Add some more of you! You look nice!

Spank Hawaii said...

Mariana - we recently built a home in the Sierpe area and are looking for kitchen cabinets. Where did you find yours or did you have them built? Do you know of a place in San Jose that we can go to buy cabinets?

Spank Hawaii said...

Mariana - we recently built a home in the Sierpe area and are looking for kitchen cabinets. Where did you find yours or did you have them built? Do you know of a place in San Jose that we can go to buy cabinets?

Marianna said...

I didn't buy these, they were in the apartment, they had plastic doors and handles, I stained them with a tint, put Marine varnish over that so they looked realistic wood, and bought brushed metal pulls. It was easy took some time. But I do know people who build contact me. Give me your email and i will contact you ok?
Marianna