Friday, November 10, 2006

The days are flying and still not open but good things are happen




The lamps and the tile

Well the days are flying before I go to the USA, I have worked furiously fast to make sure that everything in the showroom is together but it is freaking COSTA RICA and people do what they want here.. The people tell you yes but then when it gets down to it they always say something happened or they had a problem. The procrastination problem is huge and is very frustrating to an American, who is use to fast food and fast solutions and well getting things done. IT just doesn't happen here... I am trying to deal with it, I know that soon it will all get done.


Meetings with this one and that one , checking on things and double checking on things and triple checking on things still doesn't make it happen. But I keep plugging along.
The week was not as Trying as the last. Tony has his head back in shape and I laid of the comments and the idea that well maybe I could form his life a bit.. I figure he is going to be Tony, and if he wants to improve he will, if not I will move on and keep going. We all need improving, and I am seriously trying.

Today is Friday, we were suppose to go into San Jose early but if just didn't happen. Things went rye in the show room so our help was needed. We ended up leaving about one.

We met with a new vendor, he is a metal sculpturer, Wow cool guy Mondolo, he is a interesting looking character, he is going to create a chandelier that I thought of that is all branches in metal with tiny little lights in the ends and with some small leaves, the lamps over the bar are similar but like rain with tiny lights also. He was cool he lived in this open air loft above his work place, the rain was pouring and his two parrots on the balcony were singing. He had examples of this work in his house. I simple set up with a bedroom that you could see and a bar. A real artist. But a good one. I can not wait to see what he creates for me.

Then we went to buy Kelsey's doll I ordered. To look like her and made here in Costa Rica. After we ran to a couple of Nurseries, to get a few more plants for the show room, but by the time we got there they were all closing. There are many in Garrita, but I will stay tonight in this beautiful hotel, own by Italians called the San Marino. Only after a shocking but wonderful meeting. The company that I have designed some homes for, called a meeting tonight in San Jose. this was part of the reason for going the other was Tony had to get home after being with me for Two weeks working. We had the meeting and to my surprise, it was bout helping me and Diasa form a great marketing team to produce my virtual showroom that I am putting together. They believe in me and hired this professional team! I am so grateful! I can not believe this is true but it is and now I have a full fledged design team and company.

No comments: