Saturday, September 25, 2010

Too much time between posts

Its just too much time between blogs that I feel like I lost touch with my own self. I been working so much that I hardly have time to enjoy life. I like the resort, its beautiful and the opportunity to meet many people could be huge. But I feel like I'm lost in the computer world and my creative genius is gone south. I been looking lots at Photos of my work of past years, and looking for new ideas in other Websites of Weddings and events and I feel I am getting inspired to break lose.

I mean not from Infinity Bay but to develop a lost art that supported me for so many years, it raised my two sons, bought me a home, cars and well pretty much sucked the life out of me too because I was doing everything in the business. Now I have a great game plan. Meaning this: I want to develop it in Roatan, There are no real designers here per say, I was a very high end Event designer, award winning and Now there is an opportunity for me do this again. But the plan is different as I said. I already have someone who is going to take care of customers, track the customers, deal with the orders, and help out in administration, I have a sales person, and plan to find a runner guy, someone who goes and gets products that I need for that specific event or party. Leaving me to do the pretty work.. I think its going to go very well, I will incorporate a new idea into it, dealing with Chocolate. I have the connection already in place and now its just getting the contracts and the clients and were off and running.
I know that it may sound wild, I have a job but this job is completely different than I thought I was being hired for. It is basically sales, phone, Computer, and numbers crunching numbers. I CAN DO IT AND I AM but the creative genius in me is sad. I think in life you have to do those things you love in order to succeed. I think its great I have this income and Its sure is helping in a new development stage.
But in reality the lack of time to enjoy life?? I mean I have one day a week to do things, and then its normally Sunday. Here on the Island Sunday almost everything is closed. ONE GROCERY STORE IS OPEN but It very far away and I still do not have a car. If this goes right I may have an option to lease a cool Toyota Tundra truck this is what I have been wanting for years. HOW I don't know I don't care I'm not worrying how all this is going to work out I am just keeping the idea in my head and going for things.

I will say this I am grate full for this job its just at 56 I think life should be a bit more fun. I have lots of fun in the last 7 years but lots of trudging, now perhaps with the right moves the right plan it could be better. If not GREAT.


Today is beautiful day the sun is out the wind is blowing its hot but not blazing hot. Tomorrow half a day here cleaning out this mess I work in, and finishing up one contract. Seems people are not signing as fast as I would want, I know the economy is showing me that its much more difficult to get them to agree than when I was in business before. But with events destination weddings its not that tough to sell, they need it I have it and I know how. FILL THE NEED you will succeed.
Have a great sunday

No comments: