Friday, September 03, 2010

Friday Sunset Barge Party

This is Captain Perry's Barge Bar Near my house
Mayan Stone Carvings at the Hotel in Tegus






As I was saying in the last blog, Getting here was literally a miracle, The one thing that really freaked my beak was the airport when we left Teguchigalpa was so cold in the morning that I was shivering to death not use to the airconditioning being so cold so early. I had my Purse, my computer and when the call came for boarding I was the first seat in this small 15 or so passenger plane. I jumped up and boarded the plane was half full when they went to close the port.
My foot was actually on the port as its part of the floor in the first seat. They shut it and slammed my toes into the port. I jumped and yelped, they opened it and let me loose. Fortunately my foot was ok just a little red and painful. The flight was short and nice one hour or so. I watched out the window as we flew beautiful sites of Honduras below and then we came to the sea. The Caribbean is so beautiful from the sky or the ground. The colors range from 7 shades of blue. Deep to pale to clear blue. As we passed La Cieba I could begin to see the islands in the distance.

I have been to Roatan before so I knew which one was my destination. Watching as we approached I began to smile, knowing that a new adventure awaited me. The feeling of excited filled my head and my heart and joy was inside of me before we landed.

The unknown to most presents fear, but for me it brings excitement to know I will be discovering all sorts of new ideas, places, foods, ways of transportation and living.

We disembarked, waited for the luggage. The small and quiet airport was with out many arrivals, it was early almost 8:00 am. We were five of the 15 waiting on the luggage, when it arrived I realized I was missing something??????? I searched and I looked I ran back out to the tar mac and then ask the young Islanders that were unloading the plane if they saw a black case with my Computer??? No they said
Oh my I was such in a hurry to board I left it at the airport in Teguchigalpa. Now I really was panicking. Reason everything in the computer? it was my only form of communication too. It had my Magic jack in it my information, Birth certificate and more, copies of passport lots of important documents. MAN I WAS UPSET, I went right away to the desk of the airlines, and Asked if they could call and see if it was still there or if someone had picked it up. I described to the lady what it looked like and what was inside. She made the call and yes someone had picked it up who worked in the airport. THANK GOD!! the next day the flew it in for me at no charge and took extra special care of it! Wow that was a relief.

So on our way to West end which is where I wanted to land we had a taxi, of course seeing we just got off the plane they figured dumb Tourists. I spoke Only Spanish to him and he asked me where are you from. I explained I Just came from Costa Rica and I lived there and was planning on living here in Roatan now. He didn't care he still charged us some 25 dollars to take us to west end.
West end is the beach front with all the shops, restaurants,Bars, Discotechs and life! lots of dive shops and souvenir shops. Its a nice little community not much like Jaco but still a community where you can walk to places, so my thoughts were that being with out a car this would be best for now. Close to things being able to get out and meet people and communicate in order to learn more about the Island.

NOW I live in West End, as I said in the second week after we stayed at Chilis, which by the way is a back packers heaven, Super simple rustic pretty surroundings, but WOW IS IT A MOSQUITO BOG! my god We got ate alive, the owner has this idea that leaving all the cuttings from the plants and the rotting fruit is good for the plants, in reality if it was on a compost pile and decomposed and then put on the plants yeah! but To leave it all over, number one it is messy, number two the water and moisture stays and collects in the leaves and rotting fruit, making it very attractive for lots of bugs, and mosquitos, and san cudos. TINY LITTLE PESTILENCE, that bite like lions. Number three the water that drains off the washer that runs daily is sitting on top of the ground in one main area that breeds the mosquitos. So YEAH after almost two weeks there I was nothing but bites and the rustic part of it had gotten to me to no extent. They gave us a big cabin, rough wood floors, clapboard walls with cracks, even the floor you could see the ground below. No paint just rough on the feet too. Well we thought we were alone in this cabin, my friend and I Clint. My long time assistant and good friend. ( NOT A BOY FRIEND MORE LIKE MY SON) when one day they sent these middle eastern boys they came walking in late at night and stomped into the space and just making all kinds of noise, I was shocked? I thought well how come they the check in people didn't say you will have someone staying in the cabin with you and give us warning? It was a bit scary because we were both relaxed I was laying in the hammock in my surrong, and sitting in a small chair just relaxing late at night around 11:00. WEIRD SITUATION! they scared me I had my purse out who knows who they were? Not to mention we were in the back of the back of the back of the property the last cabin in the jungle, it could be anyone?? So that spurred me to find a place like NOW We just asked around and someone gave us a number of this woman named Harmony.
We went Snorkeling and that was so fun! I have been before Clint never. He struggled fighting the water and the fins until I just stopped him and explained how to float become as thought your part of the water and let your body relax and the water will take you on a journey. He practiced a while then he got it some but still struggling. I kept going, I went far saw so many fish, sea flowers, brain coral, coral of every variety. Fan coral and Many Urchins, Puffer fish, huge angel fish, Lion fish and the most beautiful Red and brown poka dot fish??? Wow what an experience. We have been snorkeling ever since that day once a week at least.

Well that next day we found the house perfect, both of us wrote a list and didn't show each other the list. We wrote what we wanted and what the house we felt look like. He described blue, I said wood, I said great views he said quiet, me too with out dogs. In fact the list was almost identical. Well in a hour we packed up went in a taxi to see the house met the guy and signed on the dot. It was the perfect house everything we described. WE both have been drawing things into our life, My assistant Clint has not believed that I could do this so I been having read a couple of book's that I have and still read and it helps in changing your energies and bringing positive things and in fact all things you desire into your life! MORE TO COME


No comments: