Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pretty boring but still is beautiful here

The reason I say that in the title is because it has been pretty boring this past couple of weeks.
I have not done much except work on perking up the kitchen, cabinets like I had told earlier and now new bar stools. To get these here was a major act of God.. I bought them some three weeks ago with Geraldo who had offered to take me to San Jose. When I purchase them they were not available in the wearhouse, they told me they would be available for pick up on the following Monday. Geraldo agreed to take me but I had a funny feeling he was just saying this. He had underlying ideas about me... I knew after being with him two hours.. CANT ANYONE JUST BE A FRIEND? ok back to the chairs... so Monday comes I don't hear from Geraldo.. I kinda put a cabash on him.. he only wanted one thing the reason he offered to give a ride.. I am more than positive about what he was thinking!! So about ten I called him said well what about my chairs.. ???"remember you agreed to pick them up today?" Oh he said? like I forgot? but then came excuses about an attorney, then I can't drive my car on certain days.. new laws, So I just said ok I will find a way, rather than ask him again and have to deal with his harrassment.

So a week went by I tried several people who may be going to San Jose to give me a ride so I could pick these things up.. but no luck. Then I found a transportation company that works outside the furniture store. The total of the chairs three of them, came to $ 180 more or less,the furniture store La Artisica, wanted another hundred to send them. I said no... so finding this transportation company was a great surprise, they wanted 3 thousand colones, which right now amounts to little more than $6.00. So I tried like four days to get them. Yes I talk to them they were aware of the chairs the name where.. but nothing got done. Five days go by I call again to find out they said to call La Artisica, ok now La Artisica, wants money to send them on this truck.. another 7 thousand, amount of 14 dollars for nothing they call it handling. Ok so I agree... then another day goes by.. I call again, ok they forgot to tell me to deposit the whole amount in La Artisica's bank account!! So I go wait more than an hour in line to do the deposit. The banks here are down to one or two windows, not many working in the bank.. but many people waiting to get served.

So after all that I call again.. yes ok tomorrow morning early they said. Tomorrow morning early came and went nothing showed up, night fall came I called once more and said well? tomorrow morning early.
Sure enough early the next morning the bar stools came. In a box with no instructions, but I managed afterI woke up had a coffee.
Then the following day I don't know exactly what happened but I was fine all day evening came and about 12 midnight I felt Ill.
I had the worst pain my stomach, it wrenched and felt like stabbing pains. I ran of course to the bathroom, and it shot out both ends like a faucet. This went on for the whole night and half the next day. ORFA my friend came brought something to stop it, and electrolites. It was so bad I thought I was paralized. I couldn't move after doing that for hours..
It has taken me three full days to recover. Today I feel almost normal. My mouth is raw, but other than that a little pain in the lower abdomen.
IT was scary...

Today only a walk to the beach for hour and 40, with my friends they had other plans. Came home made fresh lemonaide because its so stinking hot! I love the sour lemons here big rough skins, and orange flesh inside.. juicy! I made it in the blender with ice. then watched a great movie with Jack Nicholson.
I may go to dinner with Rossy, we did it last week and had a great sushi time! May give her a call and see what the plan is..
Other than this, Thinking about Jordan, soon is his birthday.

No comments: