Sunday, March 08, 2009

Cracking down on Jaco

Been a slow week, my client didn't show up said something about having the flu.. but it could be other problems. Because we were unable to get into the condos to take photos for the webpage they wanted... So who knows what the truth is? All I know is that we could not be permitted in. And the owner has not had much contact this week with me.
So the hope of finishing those Condos is put on hold.

I did manage to the kitchen Cabinets finished, they turned out very nice. I guess I should have taken a before and after. I may have something in my old photos that has before in it so you can see the difference.
There dark pretty shinny , with the brush metal pulls. Where as before they were an off white laminate with plastic handles.
Looks a hundred percent different.
I paid this young nicarauguan, to help he redrilled all the wholes because the handles were different. But I notice after he in installed five or six, some were higher than others and some slanted. So we had a talk and I asked him to redo all of the them so they were all sort of similar.
He didn't understand why I would be upset? but I explained to him about how it looks and for me to see it everyday would drive me nuts. He laughed I laughed and then he changed it.
Haven't gone to enjoy the beach this week it was just too dang hot. You would fry in a matter of minutes. I love the fact that can I enjoy how the breeze feels and the sound of the waves when you lie in the sun, but honestly this time of the year seems hotter. I have been a little miserable because of the heat. I broke down yesterday evening and turned on the air. Just for a couple of hours. The apartment was like a sauna...being very unconfortable in the heat is not fun. It really wears you out. For example I walk to the center around 10:30 by the time I got two blocks I was sweating from front to back. JUST TOO HOT RIGHT NOW!

I spent time with Rossy this week, seems her business is doing well, I am happy for her. I feel good when I see places doing well and holding out.

It feels like alot of people visiting but not as many in the past years. Spring break is here and we do have quite a few of the students.

Really haven't done much except the cabinets this week and one little consultation for someone opening an new business here. This could be a nice job.

I talk with another friend of mine yesterday on this property that was owned by the father of a friend, who worked for the Columbian news paper. My editor Glenn Wright was friends with this gal, She and I had a lunch before I moved here and she told me about her dads property that was for sale here. She had sold to this Italian guy, which is now a friend of mine. I wanted that place.. but my house didn't sell in time, My Italian Friend scooped it up at a very low price.

Well now he is wanting to get rid of it.. hes tired of Costa Rica.. So we discussed a fair price. This property would be good for Bella Eperanza.. its big enough and close to the beach. I have my fingers crossed that I can find the way to obtain it and begin on the dream I had before coming here. Small world you know? That I should know the orginal owners daughter,come here meet the new one become friends and now some four and half years later.. it may be possible I can find a way to do something with this?

I keep hoping and never will give up the hope.. how it happens I have no idea all I know is that I will keep saying its going to, and somehow pieces will fall together.

Well about the crack down, Yesterday I noticed about 15 transit police, checking cars, passports and obviously looking for people. They were stationed all over our little three road town. Scary really.. but good too because it is a way to clean up all the junk that is going on.

Last night they did a raid on some locations taking bus loads of People to San Jose who weren't carring there passports or Identification on them at the time. The road up in pickups in there swat uniforms, jumped out ran in to places.. and scooped up people.

Two friends that I know from Nicaugua got taken.. one was crying I saw her in the bus. She waved to me and asked if I could help? So today I call her and see what happened?

IT is a different life here, with the good and bad.. sort of a wild west... but now more modernized.

But good that there is some inforcement..

Off to try the beach, its cloudy today so maybe not so hot!



No comments: