Monday, June 27, 2011

Facebook pages, from Central America to USA

Coming from Central America to USA the adjustment has been hard again. I try to be open minded but wow its tough here in USA .

I been working on several things in the past few months and one is learning the social media world. Working on building pages first for an Event called " Big Sip Oregon" an event that took place in March in Portland Oregon. This was a wine tasting event where they sold very great quality wine's for discounted prices, Big sip was the first page I did for a company.

Then I moved onto Monterey Wine Festival, this page was up and running I just modified it and made it grow from 300 to 2500, then one more called the WEST COAST CHOWDER COMPETITION. That page was fun, great graphics fun sponsors although not many fans, as much and I was working it I found that if you have no imports its pretty tough to get fans.

I have learned so much even about graphics, also what days are the best for publications.

I Just did a Zumba Page, for a woman named Jahnea, its Jahnea Zumba & Advocare, this one is located in Vancouver Washington, I hope she does well with her page so far has over 100 fans in less than four days!

Soon I will be publishing one for the NORTHWEST FOOD AND WINE SHOW IN Portland Oregon. This show is in November here in Portland, I hope by then I am far far away!
I mean I love my children, but this Northwest is not for me. I been looking for work, that is a subject that could take a whole day to write on! So I am going to just leaving it as I am looking, NOTHING AT ALL YET!

I have so much background... from Designing events, weddings,fabricating floral displays, art props, decor,interior, landscape to now: Publicity, press, social media, graphics, goes on and on. I know that if I set my mind to something I can do it.

I just talk to someone about a Salsa Festival, Dancing Salsa not eating salsa, about doing his publicity for the festival. But I guess that was a wash no answer yet from him and it has been a week. I keep punching away at this key board writing, talking chatting, applying. I mean I don't how much more to do I have not given up in months on how to find something to keep my survival. Thank God right now I am at my sons house.. the reality is I WANT MY OWN PLACE I want to be independent as I am. Although this has been a real learning experience here in USA again, in more than one way! I have learned much about people, life, and a new type of work.

Last week we had one day or so of good weather, I decided to walk from the bank Columbia Credit Union to my sons house which is probably about five miles I estimate? It was nice, I walked then rested, had plenty of time to think about things,(with out a car in USA is much more difficult than in other countries) I pretty much walked because I was dropped off and didn't have transportation, even though I waited in one point for a bus for like ten minutes never came? so I continued walking, it was beautiful the walk. I realized how gorgeous all the flowers and plants are her in the Northwest, but not the same as walking in a tropical country.

No animals few birds and way to many cars! but I did enjoy the walk and made some good sense of things that has happened. Sorting out thoughts I think it healthy. By the time I got home three hours later I was so tired I laid on the sofa thinking I am grateful for being here. More tomorrow, life is different for sure! Never would dream that at this stage I would be like this? BUT the good thing I have learned more, how I use it on the other hand is another thing, but I have I really have learned more about people, your lifestyles, and about how you can do what you really set your mind too!

No comments: