Friday, January 27, 2023

Costa Rica, Landscaping, and pools we did through Covid

 A year of so back, Covid was ruining the lives of just about everyone. Although many people were not working, where home bound and bored, my business of landscaping and interior was going wild in Costa Rica. The living situation where I was in Esterillos Costa Rica was under new management and they were not going to renew my lease as they were changing from permanent residency to now AIRBNB. 

Covid was a life changer for me, I was creating more and more gorgeous spaces for people than ever. I know for a fact it was because people were scared, and felt they were stranded in there homes and wanted to make it a lovely environment. So we had many calls and many jobs one right after another. It was amazing how much I created with the tiny crew I had. So many places that I took from just raw dirt with absolutely nothing to paradise. Over and over we created the visions that came to me as I would estimate what it would take to transform each place.


We had some clients that were super nice and kind and others who were difficult to work with and tried to bargain on pricing. I work very hard in the heat and our price were reasonable and fair. But you always have people who just aren't happy unless they feel they are getting a better deal. Usually I found its the one with the most money that treated us this way.






Some how ideas pop in my head no matter where it is and I transform areas that were nothing to magical locations.



















I loved what I was doing, Even thought it was extremely hard work in temperatures that are grooling at times. The rewards are not always the cash, but I wont lie I LOVE THE CASH,I'd Love it more if I got paid more but its the beauty that is the best reward. To watch a vision I have come to life and turn into paradise, with in a few weeks or months. The transformations are fast In Costa Rica. Things grow rapidly, there fore you have to know your plants and how they grow, you have to know the soil and the light and how they are effected. I found love in my work, as nature surrounded me, how birds and animals were drawn to everything I created. My hands and mind are blessed with this ability.And now being away from Latin America I miss the struggle and the challenges I had there in creating the most beautiful places. 
Life changes all the time as do gardens.

No comments: