Wednesday, February 26, 2014

                    Taking Costa Rica with me wherever I am

This particular evening reminded me of the precious moments I spent with a good friend of mine in Quepos Costa Rica before my departure recently. My friend Dinia, a Zumba Student with me in Quepos, and Manuel Antonio Costa Rica.

This itsy bitsy teeny tiny sea town is a based on a cape of sea at the foot of Manuel Antonio. The primitive outdated Costa Rican town even as it was stole a small piece of my heart. The Majestic and magical views of the sea from the only ocean side park in town was always a place to find a wonderful sunset and some peace of mind. I walked  (as you know if you have ever read any of my writings here) everywhere. Ever since my car was stolen some years ago in Costa Rica I was bound to walking everywhere, taxi's or bus. This part of Costa Rica believe it or not I miss. I learned how to accept my life and to use it to my benefit. I Will forever be taking Costa Rica with me no matter where I am in the Earth.

The Tropical breeze, the hot humid climate the smell of flowers and fruits combined with sweltering heat, is something I will never forget.    I enjoyed teaching Zumba in this heat, losing weight like crazy, never being able to drink enough, insatiable thirst, and exhausted from exertion!! What I wouldn't do to be exerted right now! bored stiff and sitting like an old MAID. 

When I was walking,  I would always looking for shade to rest my head and  cool down.  The crazy drivers, and horns, sirens and alarms on cars!!! FOR WHAT? I have no idea most of them are not anything that literally need alarms but the theft threat is so prevalent that just about every heap of metal that travels the roads have them. SOUNDING OFF ALL THE TIME DAY AND NIGHT and sometimes in sequence as if it was a symphony of car alarms.

I do not miss that but it was kinda of humorous and always happening so you became accustom to it in time. ( SO THEY SAY) not me!! I hated it but it is humorous at times mostly ANNOYING more than humorous.

The one thing I should say if you are wanting to travel to the country is, be aware that eyes are always on you, the reason is when they see a extranjero, (Foreigner) they know your on vacation or that you are living somewhere in the country and sorry to say can become a target, Here are a few things I noticed of travelers and especially USA citizens.  DO NOT TALK SO LOUD, lower your voice do not be so obvious, be aware of who is around you. Not that you should always be worried but you are in a slightly poor country where the poor have no scruples when it comes to robbing. ANY OPPORTUNITY is not robbing its an OPPORTUNITY to them.  Be aware,  Be friendly, say hello to people, try to at least say buenas, or hola. That is a way of greeting people that you walk past and for sure say Gracias! Thank you.....

Never leave if your a woman your purse on the floor, or on a chair back, put it on the table or around you in front. Do not leave things exposed in your car, perfect opportunity for someone to see it and say wow I need that! Do not wear big jewelry makes you a target, and if you are in a beach town on the south coast do not worry about changing your money. THEY USE USA DOLLARS, in fact in most places I found they will take the dollar just like the colones, but they may try to give you the lowest rate of exchange. Just be cool, and enjoy, watch the wild life, be careful driving they are some of the most radical drivers ever!  there is so much more but even in saying all of this I MISS IT. I lived there for so long, it is for sure ingrained in me, and no matter where I go in the world I will take Costa Rica with me. 

                                                    My life is a part of the PURA VIDA
                                                

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your site.
You have some really good articles and I believe
I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some
of the load off, I'd love to write some content for your blog
in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an e-mail if interested.
Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my thoughts! You appear to understand a lot approximately this, like you wrote the e
book in it or something. I feel that you just can do with some % to pressure the message house a little bit, however instead of
that, that is excellent blog. A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back.

Anonymous said...

Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing
is available on web?

Anonymous said...

An impressive share! I've just forwarded this onto a co-worker who
was doing a little research on this. And he actually bought me lunch simply because I stumbled upon it for him...
lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!!
But yeah, thanx for spending some time to discuss this matter
here on your internet site.